chapter 5

chapter 5

"catch up"

song: break it off ~ pinkpantheress

"mouse?"

my dad entered my room and i looked up from my math books.

"yeah?" i answered

"got your mom on the phone" my dad handed me the phone and i sighed, taking it.

me and my mom never really got along. she wanted us to be this perfect little family, and i just didn't fit into that picture.

"honey? are you there?

"yes, hi mom."

oh sagey, i miss you so much.

"you do?"

"of course i do. i mean, you know how your brothers are, they are so busy with football that they barely have time to help around the house a bit, so i'm sitting here, cleaning each and everyday."

ah, of course

so, how's it going there? with your old friends?

fine, it's all the same

that sounds good. so honey, i was thinking,

yes?

what if you move back here, to san diego? with me and the boys?

mom, we talked about this.

i know, but i could just really use your help here-

*you ended this call*

i slammed my phone down on the table and held my head in my hands.

this is how it always goes, my mom calls, pretends to be interested, and then carries on to try and convince me to come back, just to help with cleaning and doing everthing for my brothers.

my brothers are your typical teenage boys, they live in their own sweat, bring a new girl home every week and refuse to clean up after themselves.

my dad was devastated when my mom decided to move to san diego. he was the one that got my brothers into football, he went to every game and even coached them once in a while.

he would still go their games, occasionally. but it was hard, since he would have to travel several hours, just to stay there for a day or two.

i closed my math books and threw them in my bag. i decided to wear some black mom jeans, with a light blue top. i threw on my converses and ran down the stairs.

i handed the phone back to my dad and i quickly grabbed a banana.

"and?"

"same as always, wanted to know if i could come back" i answered

i heard my dad sigh and mumble something about drama.