chapter 9

chapter 9

"the aftershock"

song: just for me~pinkpantheress

my back hit the wall and without having time to react i felt max's soft lip on mine. her tongue made her way into my mouth and i before i know it we were passionately making out. max started placing sloppy kisses down my neck and i let my hands wonder around her brown curls.

"wake up"

a soft pillow made contact with my face, waking me up from my wonderful dream.

this wasn't the first time i dreamed like this about max, my body longed for her touch, since i couldn't get it in reality, my dreams took care of that.

"fuck you, marcus" my voice was groggy and my hair felt like rope.

i threw the pillow at the now closed door. i heard marcus laugh and yell something.

me and marcus made up last night, i came into his room sobbing, chocking on my words as i told him about abby. me and max drove to the baker's house with abby, who we had to force to come with us.

marcus was always the person who would listen. he wouldn't argue, he wouldn't state his opinion and he surely wouldn't disagree with you. just listen.

when he saw in the state i was in, he immediataly opened his arms for me, i believe i cried for hours, he held me and thankfully calmed down.

i fell asleep in his bed and abby slept with max.

i haven't talked to her since i promised we would help her.

i meant that promise with my whole heart. i was gonna help her and definetly not let her out of my sight.

god, i sound like my mom.

speaking of the devil,

my phone lid up and i groaned picking it up.

"yes?"

"oh god sage, finally you picked up!" my mom's voice filled the air.

"what's going on, mom"

"i need you to come her asap." i felt my stomach turn at those words.

"what, why?"

"it's ethan, he got hurt during football."

"oh my god, is he okay?" my brother was known for not being the most careful, but my mom sounded actually upset.

"he is, he just can't walk for a while, he's in a wheelchair." i let out a breath i didn't know i was holding.

"okay, thank god. but why do you need me to come?

"i need your help here! do you think i can take care of a sick person, a teenage boy, a dog and a house on my own? i rolled my eyes and took a deep breath, trying to not completely lose my shit and yell at my mom.

"mom, i live here now." i answered

"i don't care, sage. i am still your mother and we need your help here. you will take the bus this afternoon and that's final. i already talked to your father and he completely understands." i threw my head back and bit the inside of my cheek. i couldn't leave, not after last night.

"i can't leave, please mom." i begged

"family is important, marie" yikes, she used my first name

my mom insisted to name me after my great grandma. my dad hated the name, and told everyone my name was sage, which is actually my second name. i still thank him for that everyday. marie is a pretty name, but it just doesn't fit me at all.

before i could protest, my mom hung up.

i groaned and threw my phone down beside me. i really couldn't leave now, abby needs me.

i stood up and made my way downstairs.

marcus and max were sitting at the kitchen island, both eating waffles.

"good morning" i opened stole a waffle from marcus and looked at the couch, abby was sitting there, watching keeping up with the kardashians.

"how is she?" i lowered my voice and took a seat in front of them.

"she's okay, she barely talks." max answered while looking at abby.

"i have some bad news." i started

marcus raised his head from his plate and looked at me with questioning eyes.

"i need to go back to san francisco."

"what?" max looked at me with a hurt face.

"it's just for a little bit, my brother got hurt and i have to take care of him."

i saw the twins eyes sparkle with relief and i smiled, i was so happy with both of them back in my life.

"we'll take care of her." max looked at abby.

i followed her gaze and sighed. i really didn't want to leave her.

"we got her." marcus must have seen my doubt, he placed his hand on mine and smiled at me, i gave him a smile back and squeezed his hand.

i finished up my waffle and made my way towards the couch.

i plopped down next to abby and studied her.

her hair was tied up in a low ponytail, her eyes were still slightly puffy, i realised mine probably didn't look any better. she was staring at the tv, focued on the famous sisters.

"are you okay?" i decided to be sutble, not knowing if she wanted to talk or not.

she looked away from the screen and turned her head towards me, giving me a nod and a slight smile.

"listen abbs, i'm gonna have to go for a little while." i said softly.

"i thought i could come stay with you?" she furrowed her brows and waited for me to explain.

"yes, i know, but ethan hurt himself again and i need to take care of him, in san francisco."

"oh"

"but of course i'll call u everyday and text you."

"i'm not a baby sage, i can take care of myself." she rolled her eyes.

"i know, i just want to look out for you, help you." i answered

i felt abby put her head on my shoulder.

"i'm sorry"

"what?" i asked

"i'm sorry for what i said last night, about you being in love with max."

"it's fine, she had to know somehow right?" i laughed slightly

"did you talk to her? abby wondered

"not really." i answered

to be honest, i was extremely scared. it was obvious that max knew how anxious i was, the tension was huge everytime we were in the same room.

abby was silent after my answer and turned her head back to the big screen, i copied her actions and before i knew it i was laughing along and watching the kardashians fight with abby by my side.

A/N

drama is coming..........

<3