chapter 16

chapter 16

'dissapear'

song: sparks~coldplay

we all jumped up the moment we heard the bell ring, marcus opening the door. 

i was met with hunter. next to him was max, hanging on to him with her head down. the only thing i could see were her curls, her hair was frissy and i already knew how much she's gonna dread having to brush it out tomorrow.

"hi" hunter smiled and stepped inside. marcus took over max and she giggled while falling into his arms. 

i followed marcus to max's bedroom while i heard abby ask hunter for something to drink. 

"she's fucking wasted sage" marcus stated as he carefully put her on the bed.

"no shit marcus" i took a seat on the bed and pulled her hair away from her face, only to reveal a face smeared with make-up. 

"listen, our parents are gonna come home tomorrow and if she-" 

"she will be fine, okay?  just let me take care of this." i interrupted marcus and waved him out the door.

"okay" i whispered to myself while grabbing the make-up remover from the nightstand. i started to remove the stripes of mascara as max laughed quietly.

"drink this" i held the glass of water in front of max and she took it, drinking big gulps.

i was about to put her hair up in a bun when she made a funny sound and i felt a liquid run down my chest.

"what the fuck max?!" i yelled, standing up. max was giggling like a lunatic while pointing at my now soaked shirt.

"i spit the water on you" she was still laughing and i felt my patience dissapear.

i roughly took the glass from her and put it back on the nightstand, little drops spilling from the thud.

"i'm so done with you!" i turned to her closet and picked out a random shirt.

i saw max face falter a little bit and her smile turned into a frown.

"i mean, first you come back home drunk, again! and then when i try to goddamn help you, you can't even co-operate in the slightest way!" i turned back around and immediately saw the change in max.

 she was now sitting straight up, hair behind her ears and a guilty look on her face. as she began to change, she avoided eye contact.

i took a seat on her bed and let my head fall back against the head board. she slowly got in next to me.

"i'm sorry, i shouldn't have done that." she spoke slowly, sounding ten times more sober than before. 

"it's okay, i shouldn't have yelled at you like that, it's stupid." i gave her a small smile as she finally faced me. i laid down next to her.

"i deserved it, and you sobered me up so, it was for a good cause." she laughed and shuffled closer to me, taking my hand.

"i missed you today." i looked down at our hands and felt how her words hurt me.

"i know, we should have invited you." i answered, looking back up at her. it was silent for a while and the only sound in the room was our soft breaths.

"i'm sorry about what i said before you left." max broke the silence and i felt myself wishing she didn't. my mind immediately went back to that awful conversation that broke my heart.

"it's okay max, you were just being honest." i answered

"i wasn't" max looked me in the eye and she let go of our hands. she slowly placed her hand on my cheek and her thumb started stroking my skin. 

"what are you talking about?" i tried to control my heavy breathing and my heart thumping in my chest.

"sage, sophie broke my heart" her words made my smile fall, i wasn't expecting her to start about sophie.

it seemed like she saw my face change, her hand was still on cheek and she started talking again.

"when you returned, it felt put together again." i couldn't help but let out a soft gasp as these words left her lips. 

"i realised that you're not just some girl i find hot, that you're not just my bestfriend."

"i realised i want to us to be so much more than that."

"i realised i'm in love with you, sage."

those words kept repeating in my head, over and over. the words i have been wanting to hear ever since i moved back here. i could still feel max hand on my cheek, but this time not only that. i could now also feel her lips on mine. her other hand found my hip, as she straddled me.

before i knew it i was kissing her back, my own hands found her cheeks and the world around me seemed to dissapear. i could only feel max's lips on mine. 

"you're drunk" 

the words left my mouth before my body had time to push her off me. she hovered above me, lips still dangerously close to mine. 

"do you want me to stop?" she asked, never leaving the position on my waist.

"no" i whispered

"but we should."

short chapter i know, but i feel like this was a good place to stop, finally some more between sage and max. hope this makes everyone happy

until next time loves <3