chapter 8

chapter 8

cat's outta the bag

song: pain~pinkpantheress

tw: eating disorder, body dismorphia

if you experience anything remotly close to these topics, i advice you to not read this chapter as it may trigger you.

if you ever want to talk, my messages are always open to talk about anything that's on your mind. <3

abby was sitting on her bed, on her phone.

"what the hell, abby? we called you like 20 times." i started, walking into her room and pulling her earphones out of her ears.

"jezus sage, how the fuck did you get in my house?" she looked at me and i felt my stomach turn.

her eyes were bloodshot red, she looked flushed and you could clearly see she had been crying.

i sat down on her bed and grabbed her hand "are you okay? have you been crying?" millions of questions flooded my mind.

"i'm fine" she answered coldy. i could see right through her.

she pulled her hand away from me and looked back at her phone.

"i'm sorry about not answering" i started

"i didn't hear my phone, and of course that's not an excuse but-"

"it's fine, sage." she answered me without interest, still looking at her phone.

"so, what happend?" i asked carefully, not wanting to upset her.

abby kept looking at her phone, i could see her scrolling through pinterest, occasionally adding a pin to her board.

"huh?" she answered without looking up once.

"god, will you put that away? i'm talking to you!" i said as i took her phone out of her hands and placed it on the nightstand behind me.

abby groaned and rolled her eyes. "why are you even here sage, don't pretend you care.

her answer made my blood boil.

"what the hell makes you think i don't care, you're my bestfriend abby, my fucking soulmate."

"fuck off with the fake shit, go pick apples with max." abby snapped, throwing her hand up to point to max, who was still standing in the doorway.

"really, this is what that's about? me spending time with someone else than you?" i yelled and immediatly regretted what i said when i saw abby's face fall slightly.

before i could apoligize she shot back. "at least i don't call someone my friend while being fucking in love with them."

my mouth fell open at the words that just left her mouth. abby ratted me out.

my whole body was tense and i didn't dare to turn around. i looked abby in the eye and felt tears coming up.

"abby, what the hell is that?

i flinched at the sound of max voice, but followed her finger to where she was pointing.

i gasped at the sight.

abby's blanket had slowly fallen off, revealing her tighs, completely wrapped in duct tape.

she quickly threw the blanket back over her legs. "it's nothing" she mumbled.

i abrubtly stood up and threw the blanket off of her, revealing her full legs, all covered with tape.

i shook my head and felt the tears rolling down my cheeks.

"abby, what the fuck" i whispered slowly.

abby sat up. "i promise i just wanmted to see what i would look like if i lost a little weight, it's nothing serious, you know."

she started peeling the tape off, revealing her thighs, they were as pale as paper and marks of the tape covered them.

i put my hand infront of my mouth and chocked back a sob.

it made me nauseous that i hadn't noticed anything going on with my bestfriend. i was only busy with myself and a stupid crush.

"it's really nothing, okay?" abby said again, she avoided any eye-contact.

"this isn't nothing abby." max stated softly, making her way towards abby, sitting next to her.

"it is! you guys are overreacting!" i could see exactly how she tried to convice herself, digging her nails in the palm of her hands.

max embraced abby and i saw how she relaxed in her arms, they both didn't say a word.

i was still frozen in place, i wanted to punch myself for not noticing anything, abby was my bestfriend, and i let her down.

i crouched down infront of the both of them, wiping away my tears.

they pulled away and i grabbed abby's hand in mine.

i looked at her and bit my lip, trying to hold in the tears that were threathing to fall.

"i love you so much, okay? and we're gonna help you abby. my voice broke as is squeezed her hands softly.

for the first time today, i saw abby's face soften, she threw herself into my arms and let out a heartbreaking sob.

i stopped trying to stop the tears from coming out and water started pouring from my eyes.

"we're gonna help you, baby" i whispered in her ear. "i promise."

A/N
this chapter is a little short and not edited yet, I will try to edit it as soon as I can but for now enjoy!
I know it's a little sad but I really wanted to pay more attention to abby in this story and get in depth on abby's and sage's friendship, next chapter will be happier!
until next time <3