chapter 14

chapter 14

"you get me so high"

song: so high~doja cat

i woke up next to marus once again, this time with me on the couch and him on the floor next to me. i blindly reached for my phone and kicked marcus next to me.

"wake up dude, we slept for 5 fucking hours." marcus groaned beside me and opened his still red eyes.

"damn sage, who cares."

i rubbed my eyes and looked around. it was now almost midnight and there was still no sign of abby and max.

"where the hell are they?" i sat up and kicked marcus again.

"shit, i don't know, they said they were going out" marcus answered, now sitting up.

i stood up and walked to the kitchen, i made myself a glass of water and took a seat on the counter.

i saw a small light go off in the corner of my eye and quickly found marcus phone.

max

'marcus can u pick us up?' -22.58

'hello? this party is really weird and abby is extemely drunk.' -23.29

'please just come as soon as you read this, the adress is 3560 sunset drive' -23.47

the last message was sent 15 minutes ago, i felt my heart drop at the thought of max being uncomfortable at a party while trying to tame a drunk abby.

i quicky texted a response and grabbed marcus car keys.

"marcus come on we gotta go"

marcus gave me a groan as a response and i sighed. i put on my shoes and walked outside.

i opened the door to marcus truck and sat down, i had never drove in this truck since it was technically marcus his kid. he wouldn't allow anyone to drive in it,  except himself.

while i started the truck i realised i left my phone inside and only brought marcus phone with me, i put the adress in google maps and drove off.

-------------------

i pulled up to the house and immediately saw what type of party it was.

people were throwing up in the garden, the whole porch was filled with red cups and the music was so loud it hurt my ears.

max

i'm here -00.13

i put the phone away and waited for max and abby to come out.

after a while of waiting i saw the door open and a confused looking abby came out, soon after, max followed and took her hand, leading her to the car.

the backdoor opened and abby giggled while max strapped her in.

"i'm so glad you're here, this party is fucking crazy-" max spoke, closing the backdoor and getting in the front herself.

as she took a seat and finally made eye-contact with me i saw the suprise in her face.

"sage?" she threw herself into my arms and kissed my cheek repeatedly.

i felt the butterflies in my stomach but quickly shook it off, get over yourself.

"i missed you so much." she whispered in my ear, immediately bringing the feeling back.

i smiled and hugged her back tightly. "i missed you too, max"

i started the car, abby was dead asleep in the backseat, i'll talk to her tommorow.

"i thought you were staying in san diego for a while?" max started.

"yeah, me too. but, i finally convinced my mom to visit dad with the boys and she gave in after a while, so i'm back here for a while." i smiled at her when i saw her sigh of relief.

"i'm really happy you're here." max said

"me too."

------------------------------------

after bringing abby inside and putting her to bed, i found myself laying in max's bed, my head was on her chest and i felt what i hadn't in a long time, love.

her hands were softly going over my head and i felt myself getting more and more tired. Before i knew it, my eyes were closed and i fell asleep in max's arms.

i woke up in the same posistion, max was now asleep and i smiled. This was exactly what i missed when i was in san diego. I was happy like this, but the thought of what happend before my trip still hadn't left my mind.

max didn't really want me, she thinks we'll be too complicated.

in one way i understood her, we already are complicated, let alone if we would be in a relationship. but in another way, i find her thoughts selfish. she doesn't even have the faith to try, doesn't that say enough about how much she 'wants' me?

i shook of my thoughts, standing up and leaving the room.

i entered the kitchen and was met with abby, she was leaning on the kitchen counter, eyes closed and head in her hands.

i doubt she remember me picking her up yesterday, so i sneak up to her, until i'm standing right next to her.

"told you you should watch your drinking" i said suddenly.

abby screamed and quickly backed away from me.

"fuck sage, i told you not to sneak up on me like that when i'm hangover!" abby yelled with a tone of amusement in her voice.

"aw, i missed you too abbs." i said with my arms open.

abby walked towards me and gave me the biggest hug i've had in a while, since she's so short, i lifted her up and her legs wrapped around my waist.

"you didn't tell me you were coming back!" her voice was muffled by my hair and i couldn't help but let a laugh escape.

"i know, i wanted to suprise you!" i placed her on the counter and turned around to grab cereal.

"so, how's it been?" abby asked me from behind.

"good, i guess? the boys are spending the day with dad today and i am obviously spending it with you." i answered, pouring milk in the bowl.

"how about you, abbs? how are you holding up?" i asked reluctantly, i didn't want to upset her even the slightest bit.

"i'm fine, you don't have to be so worried, okay?" i heard a slight irritation in her voice and decided to drop the topic for now.

"whatever you want, m'lady" i took a bow and presented the bowl of cereal to her.

"i heard cereal works great for hangovers." i said as i smiled.