Chapter 14

Dominick

Within seconds of opening my eyes, I realized I wasn't in my own bed. At first, the events of last night were a blur. Scratching the back of my head, I racked my brain, attempting to recall the details. I propped myself on my elbow, scanning the small studio apartment, wondering where the hell I was. Doctors warned me not to mix my medication with alcohol or mind altering drugs like ecstasy, and now I knew why. I rarely ever slept over another man's house.

On the bed beside me, I discovered a piece of paper with my name on it. I unfolded it and read the note over and over. Josh? I knew a Josh once... I mused to myself. I remembered the kisses from last night and their familiarity. No, it can't be... There are lots of Joshes in the world. But the more I thought about it, the more I realized it was possible. He lived on Cape Cod and visited Provincetown often. That's why he was familiar. That's why I gravitated toward him.

I wandered around his small studio apartment, searching for evidence that would prove he was the Joshua Morgan I first met when I was fourteen.

On the small table, I found a pay stub with his name and birthday on it, addressed to a Joshua Morgan from Boston. His birthday proved it was the Josh I knew.

Oh, God... I had casual sex with my first crush.

Or was it something more than a crush? I couldn't say for sure. We were just kids.

In awe, I plopped down at the table, the events of last night flooding my brain. Sexy as hell and shirtless, Josh's body glowed and shimmered in the dark. His skin was so smooth, his hair slightly curly and damp from sweat. We pulled at each other's hair as we kissed wildly on the dance floor. Our passion resumed outside in the dark woods. And then everything else happened. He did things he only dreamt of doing with me as a teenager.

Macmillan Pier... tonight... I'll be there.

At three in the afternoon, I left Josh's apartment to search for my car in the parking lot on the same pier I planned on meeting Josh at eight o'clock tonight. What was I thinking? I went to the club last night, planning on getting wasted, yet I still drove. I was an expert at making bad decisions. If I hadn't ended up with Josh, I would have driven back to Chatham inebriated.

While I was out, my mother left me five messages on the answering machine. I supposed I gave her good reason to worry. Before taking a shower, I called her back, reassuring her that I was safe and not suicidal. She was at work so I left a message. Hopefully that would satisfy her.

"Hi, Mom," I started. "Sorry I missed your calls. I'm doing okay. I ran into an old friend last night. We're having dinner together tonight. I'll call you tomorrow. Stop worrying. I'm fine. Bye."

Josh didn't specify what we were going to do, but what else were we going to do tonight besides have dinner together? I couldn't party two nights in a row.

When I was younger, I preferred communicating in ASL because it meant I didn't have to use my voice. I wondered how much of it I'd remember. Maybe Josh could give me a refresher course.

I never imagined being face to face with Josh Morgan again, and I never imagined having mind blowing sex together.

Dating wasn't something I did often, so I fretted over what to wear tonight. I liked to fuck and run.

On my bed, I dumped out my suitcases, searching for the right thing to wear. Finally, I settled on a light blue long-sleeved button down shirt and blue jeans. There, I looked respectable, like I was going on a first date. Was this a date? I had no clue. Meeting up with Josh tonight filled me with a sense of excitement and hope, things I hadn't felt in a long time.