Chapter 21

A/N I've previously published this chapter, but I've made some modifications and edits.

Josh

At dinner, Dominick amazed me, sticking up for me. I didn't think he had it in him. Ever since I was a kid, Gramps had issues with me. He claimed I should have been born a girl, which pissed me off because I identified as a man. Just because I wasn't as 'manly' as me and my brothers didn't make me any less of a man. I tried to ignore him, but I couldn't deny the fact his comments and attitude bothered me. Some people mellowed in their old age. Gramps didn't. He just got nastier.

Dominick also surprised me when he showed up at my apartment, drenched and in his underwear. That was the most romantic thing anyone's ever done for me. He proved he loved me, and I never worried about him beating or berating me. He was also a lot of fun in bed. I'd never had a lover quite like him. I loved cuddling up to him as I drifted off to sleep and waking up to his warmth in the morning. Dominick felt the same way about or he wouldn't have agreed to get an apartment with me. He was 'willing to give it a try,' he said.

Dominick seemed more content and relaxed as if a weight had been lifted off his shoulders when he acknowledged his love for me. Or maybe he finally realized his parents accepted him as a gay man who didn't want to be a lawyer. While I was in the shower, Dominick entered the bathroom and pulled back the shower curtain.

"What are these?" he asked, holding up a pair of anal beads. He found my box of goodies. My face burned, heat soaring through my veins. He didn't know I had a kinky side, but not as kinky as Mario would have liked.

I hadn't played with my toys since the night Mario tortured me. He thought it would be cool to blindfold me after I told him I'd do anything but be blindfolded. The idea freaked me out. If I couldn't see or hear, then I had no control over anything, and since I didn't trust Mario, I wasn't willing to let him blindfold me.

But Mario was a spoiled brat and always got what he wanted. While I was sleeping, he placed a blindfold over my eyes and tied my hands to the bed so I couldn't move. I liked playing, but not like this. With the blindfold, everything was black. I had no idea what Mario would do to me. He was heavy on top of me, his dick inside me. I told him to stop, but he continued anyway. I was on my stomach and unable to use my hands to communicate. Mario couldn't read lips, anyway, although 'no' was an easy word to understand.

After he released me, Mario stared at me, perplexed by my tears and trembling body. He got off on torturing me. In anger, I flung the blindfold across the room and kicked him in the stomach. He spent the next ten minutes beating me.

"Those are anal beads," I said to Dominick.

"Tie me up," he said, dangling a pair of leather cuffs in front of me, along with the beads. "Let's play."

"Did you say 'let's play?'"

"Yes."

I couldn't wait to play. Dominick stood in the bathroom, watching me dry off.

"I like to play, but never blindfold me," I said, taking the cuffs from him.

Dominick agreed not to blindfold me.

Naked, Dominick sprawled out on the bed, smiling as I donned the leather cuffs on his wrists. "Tell me to stop and I'll stop," I said. "I'll watch your lips."

Hovering over Dominick, I planted kisses along his collarbone and continued down his chest and stomach, stopping at his neatly trimmed area. His breathing grew faster and I hadn't even got to the fun part yet. I squirted lube on my finger and pushed it inside him. He loved all kinds of anal play. He was nothing like the shy boy I once knew. I doused the beads with lube and inserted one at a time. He pulled at the restraints, his chest heaving in and out as he enjoyed the beads all the way up there.

"I really wish I could hear you," I said. "You look like you're enjoying yourself."

He nodded.

I pressed my hand gently against his windpipe as I slowly withdrew the beads. I reinserted them, sensing his moans. I slipped my fingers in his mouth, letting him suck them, which made my heart beat faster than it already was. With the beads still in him, I massaged his cock with lube and mounted him. I pushed down until he was all the way in me. Within seconds, his back arched and his body squirmed. I kept my eyes on his face, reading his lips as he said my name over and over. He never said stop. He was having a great time.

I exchanged the beads for my cock. With his legs at my shoulders, I gripped his ankles as I moved in him, slowly back and forth. He pulled so hard at the cuffs, I quickly undid them, afraid he'd hurt himself. He instantly leaned forward, kissing me hard on my mouth. "I love you," he said against my lips, hooking his legs around my back.

"I love you, too."

"Let's do it again."

"Again? The cuffs left marks. Look." I circled the pink marks on his wrist with my finger.

"Let's do it. Tie me up."

How could I argue with the sexiest man I'd ever known? I followed through with his request.

I dragged my tongue down the center of his chest and farther down, culminating at his cock. Our eyes remained fixed as I sucked. I was fairly certain I had him... maybe forever. I slid back up his body and released his wrists from the restraints.

"What?" he signed with his newly released hands. I responded with a kiss before rolling him onto his stomach.

He got on his hands and knees, the mirror in front of him, his face clearly visible in the reflection. For someone who'd never bottomed before me, he did a good job and loved it. His body tensed as I pushed a finger inside him as if I hadn't just inserted and withdrew a string of anal beads. He kept his chin up, his gaze focused on our reflections in the mirror. Thrusting slowly, I kissed his neck, my eyes on his.

"You're so beautiful," I said. "I wish I could hear you. I really do."

He took my hand and placed it on his cock. My lips clamped down on his neck as I pumped faster and faster until he shot his load in my hand. Panting, he collapsed. I fell on top of him, just as out of breath. By the time we were done, we needed another shower. Although it was stifling hot in my apartment, I preferred to be naked and sticky with Dominick in my bed than sticky and alone.

By now, Dominick and I pretty much already moved in together. If he wasn't staying with me, I was staying with him in Chatham. His parents didn't seem to mind me being there. Besides, their house had air conditioning and a pool. Sometimes I preferred swimming in a pool instead of the ocean. We started searching for apartments on the North Shore where I worked, settling on an apartment in Salem. Dominick had his moody moments, but it wasn't anything I couldn't handle. Sometimes he'd withdraw, preferring to write than socialize with me or anyone else. I just hoped he'd tell me if he was having those 'dark thoughts' or 'negative voices,' as he described them.

Dominick was a hell of a dancer, too. When we were younger, I never pictured him as someone going to raves or clubs. Things changed over the years. We took advantage of the remaining weeks of summer, living it up while we could. My summer lease was up soon. Dominick's parents were allowing me to stay with them for a week before we moved into our own apartment.

As I applied the glow in the dark eyeshadow Dominick loved, he hogged the sink, attempting to shave. He playfully pushed me out of the way, laughing at himself. He'd spend an hour in the bathroom if I let him. As an only child, he wasn't used to sharing. With his face full of shaving cream, he kissed me, making a mess of my face after I'd already shaved and showered. I squirted shaving cream into my hand and smeared it all over his face. If I ever did that to Mario, he'd beat the shit out of me. After our shaving cream fight, we had to take another shower. I wondered if Dominick did it on purpose just so I'd take a shower with him.

"You're such a brat," I signed to him. "It's a good thing I love you."

We showered and fooled around before we got ready again. I hoped things wouldn't change come September. We wouldn't be able to play as much, but I hoped our hungry desire for each other would continue. Our relationship was a dream come true. When I woke up next to him, I wondered if he was real. Sometimes I'd pinch him, waking him up, which he didn't appreciate, but he forgave me, going back to sleep.

In the club, Dominick held my bare waist, our bodies grinding against each other's. His lips brushed against my neck. I was proud to be his date, his boyfriend, and hopefully his life partner someday. I'd never been happier. I liked to think I made Dominick happy.

I smiled as his hands shifted from my waist to my ass, but my smile faded as I got sight of someone who looked strangely like my ex. He stood against the bar, sipping a martini. Mario wasn't much of a drinker, but he'd enjoy a Cosmo or vodka martini now and then. I figured it was just my imagination. Mario sometimes haunted me in my dreams. I wouldn't let him haunt me any other time if I could help it. Besides, Mario wouldn't be caught dead in a dance club. Dominick pushed me away slightly.

"What's wrong?" he signed to me.

"Nothing. I thought I saw someone. Forget it."

Dominick scanned the crowded club, searching for the man I thought I saw. He'd never met Mario before, so he wouldn't know if he was there. I pulled him to me and resumed dancing. I clung to him, safe in his arms. Dominick stopped moving, though, and brought his arm around my waist, leading me out of the club.

"Are you okay?" he asked, standing outside the club.

"Yes. I'm fine. Let's go for a walk."

I held his hand, leading him down to the ocean. If Mario found me, I didn't know what he'd do to me. I wouldn't be surprised if he violated the restraining order. For all I knew, his father got the restraining order lifted. He could kill someone, and I bet his father would still get him off. To be honest, I was scared Mario would hunt me down in September because he knew where I worked. I didn't want to buy a gun because I was afraid I'd use it if confronted with him again.

Dominick and I sat in the sand, gazing into the ocean. The bright moon lit up the sky. Dominick brought his arm around me, holding me close. "Sorry for ruining the night," I said. "I thought I saw someone. It was probably my imagination."

"Who did you see?"

I hesitated before responding. "My ex," I said. "I already ruined the night. I don't want you to make things worse by talking about him."

"You didn't ruin the night."

"You know, your ASL is really good. You should consider becoming an interpreter."

"You're changing the subject."

"I don't want to talk about him."

"Did he hurt you?"

"I told you, I--" As I scolded Dominick, a shadow loomed over us. My eyes shifted from Dominick to the shadow. When I jumped to my feet, the shadow vanished. That's it; I lost my mind. "I need to get outta here," I said. "Can we go to your place tonight?"

I sensed Mario lurking around here somewhere. I didn't want him following us back to my apartment. Chatham was the safest place to be.

"Please?" I found myself begging Dominick. Chatham was an hour drive from Provincetown, so I didn't blame him for not wanting to drive there at ten at night. Still, he caved, and I got what I wanted.