1

It feels surreal. After years of studying and many exams. I'm finally a step closer to becoming a surgeon. All the early mornings, all the time spent in libraries, all the nights she spends reading medical books and articles have payed up. Now it's time to prove that I deserve this.

That's what Evelyn Lee is thinking while entering an OR along with fellow upcoming interns. Everybodie's looking around in awe, taking everything in. Her grip on the handles of her bag thighten.

"Today, you are the doctors. The seven years you spend here as a surgical resident will be the best and worst of your life. You will be pushed to the breaking point." Richard Webber the Chief surgery explains as Evelyn takes a look around. Looking at the faces. A mixture of faces filled with curiousity, slight fright and confidence. Evelyn's face certainly is a excited one as she struggles to cover her huge smile by biting her lip. 

"Look around you. Say hello to your competition. Eight of you will switch to an easier specialty. Five of you will crack under the pressure. Two of you will be asked to leave. This is your starting line. This is your arena. How well you play? That's up to you." 

...

Upon entering the locker room, evelyn is quick to take the free locker in between an Asian women a a blonde who arrived a little later that morning. With a small excuse me she opens the locker an puts her bag in taking her shoes out to switch into them. "Only six women out of twenty." the blonde one starts looking at both asians. The korean women scoffs pulling her shirt over her head "Yeah. I hear one of them's a model. Seriously, like that's going to help with the respect thing?"

 Evelyn huffs out a laugh not commenting tying her long brunette her into a ponytail. The blonde turns to focus on her. "You're Lee right?" Said women straightens her back looking at the blonde with a bright smile, happy that they're trying to get to know her. 

"Yeah, Evelyn actually. You're Meredith and Cristina right?" Evelyn asks turning to look at the other one. Both nod. "Lee where are you from exactly?" Cristina asks curiously seeing as the asians were a minority in the years attending apparently. "Well I'm from California, but my parents are from Thailand."

<Cristina nods scanning her as if trying to look for something. "Which  resident are you asigned to? I got  Bailey." she asks looking at both of them.

 "The Nazi? yeah me too." Meredith answers making Evelyn frown. "So that's the Nazi? I heard someone mention that nickname before." 

"You got the Nazi? So did I. At least we'll be tortured together, right? I'm George O'Malley, uh, we met at the mixer, you had a black dress with a slit up the side, strappy sandals..." he says staring at Meredith like she hung up the stars of the night sky. Cristina and Evelyn look at each other with raised eyebrows. He frowns. "Now you think I'm gay." He concludes worriedly. Cristina scoffs. "Uh-huh" as she leaves the awkward conversation with Evelyn following in tow. But before she stops shortly at George an pats his shoulder and smiley warmly at him. "Don't worry, I don't think you're gay" 

"O'Malley, Yang, Lee, Grey, Stevens." a doctor calls out pointing them in the direction of their attending. 

...

The 5 interns stop at the sight in front of them. Leaning slightly towards Evelyn Cristina whispers: "That's the Nazi?" the brunette nods staring curiously. Looking at the short, black haired women in front of them. "I thought she would be more like you know? the Nazi" she concludes. "Maybe it's professional jealousy. Maybe she's brilliant, and they call her Nazi because they're jealous. Maybe she's nice." a beautiful tall blonde with a slightly pitchy voice says outloud. Yep that's definitely the model. "Let me guess. You're the model." Cristina asks with a raised eyebrow and a slightly accusing tone.