14

Eve yawns taking a sip of her coffee. She winces slightly. Not enough sugar. Not enough caffeine.

Today she left really early. It was still dark when she sneaked out of her room not being able to bear another second next to Johnny.

She didn't even know how they were able to still sleep next to each other.

It's been three days since their fight. All Eve knew was that Johnny pushed the job offer a little back offering her a little more time to make a decision.

But he wasn't happy about it. He made it really clear.

"I pushed it back. Giving you more time to choose. If you finally decide to stop being a child and make a decision." He mumbles the last part not intending for her to hear. But she did. 

And everything turned into a full on fight again. Everytime. Everytime they talk to each other it just ends up in a yelling match.

She was exhausted. She hasn't been sleeping well the past days.

Yesterday actually concerned her a lot more. When they were fighting for a moment just a short moment it looked as though he wanted to smack her. That's how angry he looked. 

And she really didn't want to look into it but he was just angry. He would never... that's not who he is.

...

Today Eve was on baileys service with Meredith. She hasn't really been talking to her friends. Well she did and she was pretty good at faking her smile and happiness. But everytime they turned around she took a moment to just look like how she felt. Miserable and alone.

They were working with Denny duquette. Izzie's lover. And Eve did not say it as a joke. She was in love with him. She fell in love with her patient. Eve watched it. 

Her styling hair hair more. More makeup. The giggling the smiling. She was playing with fire but Eve really wasn't interested eh mood to be the good advice person. Not this week.

...

When they took Danny off of his hooks. At first is looked like he couldn't make it. He was heaving heavily. In pain. They were worried he might have to go into surgery because his heart wasn't healing properly. 

But just as sudden as it started it stopped. Making everyone present in the room let out a heavy sigh. 

Now Eve is alone ein the room checking up on his vitals while writing down in the chart.

She makes a dot. Before putting the pen away and slapping the chart closed.

Eve looks at the men smiling faintly.

"Everything looks good Denny." She assured him making him sighs happily.

"Well you gotta thank dr. Bailey for me. I mean, I already thanked her once, but this here deserves a double scoop." He jokes.

She huffs a laugh although forced. She didn't dislike Denny. The opposite actually. He was really nice and funny. He cheered her up the few times she was working on his case.

But everything changed. Izzie and him got serious and it wasn't good. Not at all.

"You're less happy. Let me guess it's because of izzie and I?" He asked already having noticed her change in personality.

She clicks her tongue not knowing what to say. It wasn't her business. 

"I'm indifferent towards you both. You're grown adults. I don't have to say anything." 

She mumbles not really knowing what to do. She was a mess herself. So how could she go around giving advice.

"Well that's different from what dr. Grey did I like the change." He replies making her scoff.