第三章

CHAPTER THREE; life tried to crush him, but only succeeded in making a diamond

Lisa sits down at the bar of the club, Jungkook perched beside her. After escaping from the gala the two decided to go to the place they met a couple of days ago and relax, flee from the stubborn reporters and annoying socialites.

Jungkook orders from the handsome waiter standing in front of him, who slides them two glasses of soju mixed with beer. Lisa takes a small sip, wincing at the bitter, chemically flavor of the soju as it burns her throat. She sets her glass down on the smooth, wooden bar and turns to Jungkook, exclaiming in shock as she watches him drink the entire glass.

"What are you doing?" She exclaims, reaching out and pushing the cup down, away from his lips. 

"I just- need to relax," Jungkook sighs, bring the glass back to his lips and finishing it, coughing as he sets it back onto the table. Lisa sighs and shakes her head as he orders another, but leaves him to wallow in his feelings. Everyone has nights like that. 

Taking another sip of her drink, Lisa turns her head to the dim dance floor and watches as the people drunkenly throw themselves about, twerking and grinding on each other like there's no tomorrow. Lisa smiles, the dance floor calling to her as she feels her head unconsciously begin to bob to the beat. 

Lisa looks at Jungkook, who is now downing his fifth glass of alcohol, his suit disheveled and hair in his face. She pokes his side causing him to look up at her in a drunken daze, eyes blurry and unfocused as she hands him a slip of paper with her phone number and a little note telling him she's going to go dance.

She makes her way to the center of the dance floor and begins to rock to the music, feeling the alcohol slowly begin to control her actions. Closing her eyes she grinds to the music, letting the booming bass of the song playing control her limbs. 

She dances like that for a while before randomly glancing to the door and seeing a certain man angrily barge into the club. She halts and watches him with wide eyes before beginning to try to make her way to Jungkook to get him out of the club, but pauses as the man gets to him first. 

Not wanting to give away her identity, she falls back into the crowd and watches from afar, gasping when the man suddenly slaps Jungkook on the cheek. Covering her mouth with her hand, she watches as Jungkook staggers, clutching his cheek with his hand. The man starts to yell, Jungkook bowing his head in what would seem to be submissiveness if Lisa didn't see him clenching his hand angrily behind his back. 

When all the mouthes around you tell you that you have no chance, you don't even blink, the fire inside just burns brighter. 

♟️ ♟️ ♟️