03 | looking at him hurt

The second Jeongguk emerges into the clearing with the wounded omega in his arms, he doesn't realize he is yelling until Namjoon's hands land on his bloodied shoulder.

But of course, it is not his blood and the thought freaks him out even more because he can't even hear the omega's heartbeat at this point and he's afraid he is too late.

Jeongguk feels like he has tunnel vision, the sound of his pack members' audible gasps of worry fall to deaf ears and Namjoon's voice sounds muffled.

His lips are moving but it's like Jeongguk can't hear him and he swallows harshly, blinking rapidly when his vision gets blurred

He doesn't know why he feels this way and his wolf isn't helping, something heavy settles in the pit of his stomach when he falls to his knees with the omega still in his arms.

Jeongguk's breathing comes out in deep huffs as he looks down to see the injured omega limp in his arms, black blood now starting to spill from the wound on his thigh.

It looks disgusting and Jeongguk feels the urge to vomit, hands bloody and shaking by the time Namjoon yells at someone in the distance.

The pack members seem to have formed a circle around them but have respectfully kept their distance from their alpha and the injured wolf.

Jimin, and Seokjin stand behind Yoongi and Namjoon who look worriedly down at Jeongguk, not knowing what is wrong with him.

"... -What happened?! Jeongguk!" Namjoon's voice grows louder the longer Jeongguk kneels on the ground and stares at the blood on his hands, wolf howling in his chest.

His eyes finally snap up to meet Namjoon's, dark red irises staring back at the other alpha whose body becomes tense. Jeongguk is losing self-control and his wolf wants out.

"Alpha!" Someone is crouching down right beside him, causing Jeongguk to whip his head around and growl, loud and in warning.

The sight of Hoseok, a beta who's also the pack healer, flinching back yet not moving away makes Jeongguk instantly shut up. He is here to help.

"We have to move him to the infirmary now." His voice is urgent and Jeongguk doesn't let him say anything else because he is picking himself off the floor and bringing the omega closer against his chest.

He lets Hoseok lead him to the bigger hut they have with a few beds and that contains an apothecary.

Namjoon follows close behind him and Jeongguk doesn't bother to tell him to leave, he doesn't know what he'll do once he sets the wolf in his arms down for good.

Hoseok clears a bed immediately and Jeongguk feels his chest tighten when he places the omega down onto the white sheets and watches as the linen immediately stains red.

His eyes never leave the wolf's limp form, his skin has become a sickly pale color and Jeongguk knows yelling at Hoseok won't solve anything but he really wants to.

"Will he make it?" He asks instead, voice stiff as he watches Hoseok run around grabbing medical supplies to clean out the wound in order to assess the damage.

"I don't know," He admits calmly as he cuts the omega's pant leg where the injury is. "He has lost too much blood."

Namjoon stands beside Jeongguk yet says nothing as he joins him in watching Hoseok wash out the wound on the omega's left thigh.

Both alphas suck in air through their teeth when the blood is flushed out and they can see that a chunk of his flesh is missing, teeth marks around the wound.

"This," Hoseok says when the blood continues oozing out of the wound like a river, "was done by an alpha, based on the amount of blood and the color of it."