13 | silent beat of a butterfly's wings

There are a lot of things that Taehyung feels unsure of in his life at this precise moment but this is not one of them.

Jeongguk's wolf can be incredibly intimidating when he is not nudging Taehyung's wolf like a mother would to her pup.

It makes the omega burn in embarrassment, swallowing down a whine in protest as his fear of the bear-sized wolf diminishes. His large head cocks to the side in curiosity when Taehyung hesitates in moving.

He ignores the nagging need in his chest to cower down as he gets up, refusing Jeongguk's gaze while taking in his surroundings. He feels dizzy, everything around him is magnified and he feels as though he might topple over with how shaky his limbs feel.

The low grumble that falls from Jeongguk's snout makes the omega's ears perk up in alarm, paws staying planted in the same spot. His alpha wolf feels stronger than him, rendering Taehyung unable to ignore him. 

Jeongguk's wolf demands attention, a strong force of nature that makes Taehyung feel so small and insignificant in his presence.

His scent is potent, heady and stronger than ever and the omega feels like burying his snout into the latter's nape.

Jeongguk moves first, black fur swaying in the wind as he calmly walks forward and looks back every few minutes to make sure Taehyung is following.

He feels slightly annoyed that Jeongguk is treating him like a clueless pup but doesn't voice his opinions when he sees that he is purposefully taking smaller steps.

He sucks up the lightheadedness he feels and marches forward, determined to prove to the alpha that he can follow along.

Taehyung has never shifted like this with another wolf, has never felt comfortable to do so in his old pack. He did not have any friends or even acquaintances to talk to about these things.

It still feels strange, following after a wolf like Jeongguk through the trees. Shifting with another wolf in this intimate of a manner feels so brand new and Taehyung cannot decide for the life of him if he likes it or not.

Jeongguk begins to trot through a row of trees once he sees that Taehyung has once again gotten the hang of his wolf form. 

He has a light skip to his step whether he realizes it or not and Jeongguk finds the unconscious act so endearing but doesn't say anything even if he has to take those feelings to the grave.

Everything is beautiful.

Taehyung has been unable to appreciate the beauty of nature for so long that it all begins to overwhelm him with excitement at last.

The sun feels so warm against face, snout reaching up to bask in the feeling for just a little while longer. He lets out what he thinks is a sigh but it ends up sounding like a whimper.

When he unknowingly begins to trail away from Jeongguk, the alpha quietly catches up with him instead of growling at him in annoyance for his wandering.

Taehyung realizes that he misses hearing Jeongguk's voice, even if he hates his annoying optimism and pestering questions. His wolf is much quieter, less vocal than his human half. 

Jeongguk begins to lead the way once he realizes Taehyung is not sure where to go. He trots quietly the entire way to their destination, wherever that is.

The omega feels himself running out of breath within minutes, embarrassed about how out of shape he truly is. Nonetheless he follows without complaint, hoping Jeongguk does not hear how heavy he is breathing.

It has been way too long since he has last been in this form and he feels ashamed of how out of place he feels. 

Taehyung is too distracted with making sure to even out his breathing that he nearly knocks into Jeongguk's back, having not realized he has stopped.