06 | talking to the moon

The next two weeks fly by uneventful with only Jimin and Hoseok by his side.

Jeongguk does not stop by the infirmary but Taehyung can almost swear that the scent of chamomile lingers in the air during the early mornings when he awakens.

The wounds on his face have long since healed and he can now stand up with the help of a cane Hoseok has lend him.

The human made item, according to Hoseok, was bought in one of the main cities where humans roam freely and their pack goes to trade fish or fresh meat for materials or currency.

This does not surprise Taehyung since his pack uses the same tactics with humans in exchange for their inventions.

However, when Jimin chimes in to recount a story about how fascinated he was the first time he joined the few wolves to go into the city, Taehyung's eyebrows shoot up to his hairline.

Once again, Taehyung is proven wrong to his idea that only alphas should go into major cities to deal with humans since their customs were different than wolves' and omegas should, in no circumstances, be put in danger.

Jimin doesn't look upset when Taehyung questions his presence there, instead he tells him how Yoongi wanted him to join him.

Taehyung has finally met Yoongi a few days ago when the alpha had arrived close to sundown, knocking on the door to signal his arrival.

Apparently, the alpha was still protective of his mate and wanted to walk him back to their cabin since it was getting late and Jimin still wasn't back.

The sight of him was frightening at first but Yoongi wasn't all too interested in him thankfully.

His eyes were polite when greeted him but before Taehyung could freak out or hyperventilate, Yoongi was turning his attention to Jimin.

His scent was that of tangerines and the more Taehyung inhaled it, the more he realized that the scent was not bitter like an alpha's would be.

These alphas' scents confuse him. He is not familiar with strong wolves with calming scents, it doesn't make sense in his head.

Jimin's citrus scent now fits in perfectly, considering he is mated to Yoongi and their scents have now mixed.

Not to mention, the omega's mate is not much taller than he and shorter than Taehyung.

He tries not to stare too hard, knowing alphas are usually insecure about things like that.

Height in his old pack is seen as a huge indicator of a wolf's authority over others and the young omega has even been told numerous times that he is too tall for an omega.

Alphas don't like their mates to be taller than them or even the same height, too insecure about their own status.

Taehyung will never forget the first time Chang-ho forcefully took him to meet his parents and made him kneel by his feet due to him being an inch shorter.

The humiliation and shame he felt will never be fixed and the reminder of the incident makes his blood boil with rage even now.

Jimin is currently helping Taehyung into a new pair of clothes, hair still damp from his shower with a pail of lukewarm water and a soapy sponge.

Jimin has been helping him take baths since he is now able to stand but with some help. He is polite enough to assist Taehyung for balance but lets him wash his own body and looks elsewhere.

Tonight will mark two months since the night of the disaster and Taehyung still has trouble walking on his injured thigh.

It frustrates him that he is still dependent on a damn walking cane but like Hoseok reminds him, this is normal for a wound from an alpha that also got infected.