chapter one

"guess who's here!!" i said walking into the koury residence. i heard footsteps then weston and kalynn appeared, i ran to them for a huge group hug, with huge smiles plastered on all of our faces.

weston and kalynn koury are my childhood best friends, we've been friends since we were three. we met because we all lived in the same neighborhood. as a kid though i was closer with weston because we were the same age, but i started becoming closer to kalynn once i had developed feelings for weston. we were all inseparable and i really only had them two as my friends.

then they moved to new york and i started to adventure out on my own, i made a friend named ethan and we became really close. he asked me out and i said yes in hopes of getting over weston.

ethan then cheated on me and when kalynn first heard the news she offered to have me move to austin texas with them, and i said yes because why not. i needed a fresh start and i missed them more then anything.

we pulled away and weston hugged me but by ourselves this time. if i'm being completely honest there's still some feelings left there for him, but i choose to push them to the side because one we are roommates now and two i just got cheated on and was really hurt.

i used to believe ethan was my soulmate, for the first couple years of our relationship he showed me love that ive never felt before, i believed i would never be hurt by him and well look where we are now.

weston and i pulled away, "you excited to be a texas girl now?" he said with a laugh. i laughed and nodded before kalynn grabbed my wrist, "come on let me show you to your room," weston grabbed my luggage and i gave him a quick thank you.

we walked upstairs and stopped at a closed door down the hall. "okay this one is your room and that one is westons, there's a bathroom that connects your rooms but there's doors so he can't see you when your in there or whatever," she smiled and weston dropped my luggage off in my new room.

"okay well you get all settled in, we were thinking just ordering dinner and catching up tonight," i smiled and nodded. i walked into my room and saw that they got me a queen bed and i laid down on it exhausted from all the traveling.

my parents never agreed with me moving, hell they never agreed with anything i ever wanted to do, that's why we don't have a good relationship. that's another reason i wanted to move, to get away from them. of course they loved ethan towards the end of our relationship because that's when ethan became more manipulative and started gaslighting me, something my parents absolutely love to do.

the only family i ever felt comfortable with was weston and kalynn's, after they moved i still kept in contact with their mom and dad because they were like parent figures to me growing up. i'm still so grateful for them and all they did for me as a kid.

i heard a knock on my door and weston appeared, "hey! just wanted to you know catch up, other then everything how's it been?" he said sitting down next to me.

i don't like opening up to people but with weston i've always felt comfortable and okay with sharing stuff with him, which is another reason life's been difficult because i've never felt comfortable to share anything with anyone since he's left.

"you know not to good but i can see myself getting better now that i'm here, i mean i have you two again and that's always nice," he smiled and pulled me in for a side hug, i wrapped my arms around him and held on tight because i was in desperate need of a hug.

"i've missed you a lot aurora, it's crazy. even after all these years you've still been on my mind," he softly said. i felt butterflies in my stomach which i quickly pushed away, he didn't mean it in a romantic way he probably just meant it as friendly.

"i've missed you too weston, you have no idea," we sat in a comfortable silence for a while before we both pulled away. "well if you need anything you know my rooms right there," he smiled before getting up and going to his room.

i started decorating my room quickly, i already bought all my stuff needed and i shipped it from my house to theirs so it was pretty easy thing to get started with.

after i finished decorating i still had a couple more hours before dinner so i closed my eyes and fell into a peaceful sleep.

//
ok ok ok i actually like this chapter now that i've rewritten it and have a new idea with the book 👏🏻 so hopefully with that mindset i can give u guys something better that we all enjoy :)