Part 13

Jugheads POV
One last dance. One last kiss. One final 'i love you' and she was gone. Gone in a snap. A blink. A breath. B-"i love you juggie" and her body went numb. I started to cry. The love of my life was gone. I could barely breathe. I kissed her cheek. J-"im so sorry" i didnt know what to do she died in my arms.

I looked at her for a minute. She didnt want the hospital to save her. I hugged her. Our song ended. The song started our lives. Then ended it. I grabbed my phone and dialed 911. "911 whats your emergency" J-"im jughead jones my wife uh- betty jones- she was diagnosed with ALS and she took all these pills-" "sir what's your location?" "66 elm street" "the ambulance is on there way"

J-"shes dead" "sir they will do everything to save her" J-"it happened while i was at the store. We were constantly fighting because I wasn't ready to let go" "im sorry sir" Jughead hung up. He couldn't handle talking to them. He just hugged betty and kissed her forehead. J-"im sorry baby. I let you down" he caressed her cheek. The paramedics came in and tried saving her there but they were late.

Narrator pov
Jughead already knew that but he had to call someone. He couldn't just say she left town or something hes be charged with murder. He would never- could never kill her. They pronounced her death and took her to the morgue. Jughead stood outside their room he couldn't go in there. He sighed heavily.

He turned and left. He went to Gladys house. J-"hey mom" he said quietly. She looked at him. G-"whats wrong? Were you crying?" J-"betty killed herself" he looked up as a tear rolled down his cheek. G-"jughead" she hugged him. He hugged her back. J-"i-i cant go back there" he looked at her. G-"you can stay here in the guest room" J-"thanks" he walked in.

G-"where did she do it?" Jughead looked at her. G-"sorry" Jughead walked to the guest room. Jughead laid in bed and looked at the ceiling. For the first night in years hes slept alone. He couldn't sleep. He needed the comfort of her on his chest. That body next to him. He sighed. He cried. All night. Silent. Painful tears.