The Past Story

After placing the gun back in my bag, I sat Brandon down next to me. 

"Let me explain the story, please" I whispered while his hands were still in mine. He looked me in the eyes and nodded slowly.

It was 3 years ago. My best friend Ella, her dad always used to spy on us in the shower for months. And it kept happening but, we didn't bring it up with him. One day I was supposed to meet up with Ella at this Mall but she wasn't answering her phone, so I decided to call her dad to ask for her whereabouts.

 He said that she was in bed, she apparently came down with the 'flu'. He said that I could visit her, so I did, because she was my best friend. I knocked on the door of her house and the dad let me in before quickly shutting then locking the door. He grabbed me by the hair and dragged me into his room before pinning me down on the bed , touching me everywhere.

I tried to push him off and scream but he shoved my underwear in my mouth and held me down, he was so much stronger than me. He then inserted into me, r****g me. Months after that happened I felt disgusted with myself, I felt dirty. No matter how many showers I took and scrubbed my body till I saw my raw skin, I still felt dirty. I then decided one day to buy a gun, which I did. 

I carried the gun in my hand and went to Ella's house, I kicked the door open to see her dad sitting on the couch. He looked up at me as I pointed the gun at him. He begged me not to shoot him, but I did, multiple times. He didn't listen to me when I begged him to stop, so why should I?

 The police were then onto me after seeing camera footage of me carrying the same gun that killed Ella's father. My face was on every single newspaper, I ran away from home and came here to start a new life. But now I know that my past is always gonna follow me wherever I go, like a fucking shadow. But I don't regret it, he deserved it.

I took a long sip from the vodka bottle before looking at Brandon who was looking at me, almost admiring me. 

"Brandon please say something" I mumbled.

He pulled me into a long hug, holding my head to his chest "And here I was hoping you wouldn't say dark either" he mumbled into my ear. 

I pulled away from the hug looking him in the eyes.

 "Wait-  what" I said with furrowed brows. 

"Oh love, there's so many things you don't know about me yet" he said as he caressed my cheek. 

Somehow this relaxed me, "I have thoughts about killing." He whispered to me. 

"Would you ever go through with it Brandon..?" I mumbled to him 

"You never know new girl" he said with a grin. The way he spoke was sinister and sent shivers down my spine.

 "I think I gonna go home now, the alcohol is making me sleepy" I said breaking the silence.

 Brandon helped me put the textbooks in my bag and led me to the front door. He pulled me into another hug.

"be safe.. killer" he whispered in my ear.

"very funny..mentally challenged boy" I said back jokingly.

+++

I was back at my apartment, i chucked my bag on the kitchen bench and laid down in bed. After a few hours of tossing and turning I finally drifted off into a deep slumber.

Looking around Ellas living room there was blood everywhere. I looked down at the body in front of me. Resulting in panic, my heart was beating rapidly and I didn't know what to do. I ran and ran as far as I could, coming across a bus stop I took the next bus which led me to a new life.