Suspicious

i woke up in a pool of my own sweat remembering the nightmare I just had, more like a flashback. 

I got up and hopped in the shower running cold water to cool down. 

The water ran down my body and into the drain, taking my nerves with it.

After a while I hopped out of the shower wrapping a warm towel around my body. 

I decided to enhance my beauty today. So, I put some makeup on to cover the deep circles around my eyes. 

"I'm thinking an all black outfit today" I said to myself. 

I put on black skinny jeans and a black crop top while slipping on my favourite leather jacket. It was my mothers, it still smelt like her.

 I decided to put on some gold jewellery and some black heels to put the whole look together. I got in my car and drove to school realising I was already an hour late 

"For fuck sake, MOVE!!" I screamed at the traffic in front of me. 

I finally got to school, rushing into class and my eyes laid on Brandon giving him a smirk. His lapis gaze flickered over my outfit, he approved.

 It gave me a tingling sensation in the pit of my stomach.

 I sucked my bottom lip between my teeth, attempting to hide my grin. He shifted himself upwards and readjusted his pants. 

So desperate North, I thought.                             

"You're late Lexi" the teacher said with a disappointing expression.

 "Yeah there was traffic sorry sir" I muttered back to him. 

I sat down in my seat. I felt a pair of eyes darting into my back, I grinned knowing it was Brandon. 

"Hey! Im Alex, you're the new girl Lexi" a young boy said. 

"Um, yeah hey" I replied with a forced smile. 

Brandon was staring, almost watching the situation unfold in front of him. 

 "We should study sometime how-" Alex said getting cut off 

"I'd love to study with you Alex" Brandon said as he walked over with a sinister grin. 

"Um yeah...sure" Alex said with a confused look on his face.

 Brandon glared at me.  "What's your fucking problem Brandon!" I said to him he ignored me and gave me a dirty stare instead.

 He was obviously jealous. 

I thought to myself,  he's so possessive already.

The bell rang and I ran out of the class in pure rage, pushing past Brandon in the process. 

 "Hey! I'm sorry he was obviously coming onto you!" Brandon said sternly.

"Why do you care Brandon!" I whisper yelled at him 

"I was trying to protect you" he mumbled looking down at his feet. 

"I've been on the run for years, you'd think I know how to protect myself." his eyes had darkened at my statement. 

 "Brandon you ready to study at yours?" Alex said coming up to both of us.

 Brandon gave me a sinister glare, his jaw clenched "of course...Alex" Brandon said keeping a straight face.

+++

Hours after school I was at home wondering if Brandon was actually going to study with Alex.

I grabbed my bag and headed out. I wanted to check on Brandon, to apologise for lashing out at him. 

The night breeze felt like ice on my cheeks, I pulled my hoodie over my head while looking down speed walking to Brandon's house.

 I had this sinking feeling in my stomach remembering what Brandon had said to me the other night.

 That he has thoughts of commiting murder, but he never said he wouldn't do it. 

His face as he left my side and went with Alex was embedded into my mind. It was dark and filled with blind rage.

The thought made me pick up my pace towards Brandon's house.

 It was a dark street which made it harder to see which house was Brandon's. A light in a room was on and you could just make out that it was his house.