A Bloody Mess

I knocked on the door and it revealed Brandon with a guilty look on his face.

"what's that on your shirt" I said looking at the red small stain.

My gaze fixated on his body language. He was nervous, like he had done something bad.

 "Bad timing Lex, can you come by tomorrow instead, its Saturday we can hangout then" he blurted out while scratching the back of his neck. 

"Brandon what's wrong" I said sternly, my eyes fell onto the room behind him. A white tiled room that had red liquid scattered everywhere. 

I pushed past brandon "move now" my voice was low but aggressive. 

I felt my heart drop to the pit of my stomach.

 A bunch of flashbacks from the sight I saw three years ago corrupted my mind. I looked at Brandon who was panicking.

"Lexi I can explain" he mumbled stepping towards me. 

"Tell me he isn't fucking dead Brandon" I said pointing to Alex who was on the floor with a large gash on his head, there was blood all over the bathroom. 

For some reason there were no tears forming in my eyes I was calmer than ever, which really scared me.

  I shouldn't be used to these things it's not right, I thought to myself. 

"He started talking about you sexually and-  I couldn't stand hearing it after what you went through" he blurted out to me. "Lexi please i'm sorry you need to help me, please". 

I sighed through my nose in frustration. 

I sent my foot at the door kicking it wide open. I rummaged through the cabinets in the bathroom and grabbed bleach. 

The liquid was splashing everywhere. Brandon handed me a sponge and I cleaned up the blood till there was nothing, no blood, just Alex.

 "Grab the things you need now! We need to go" I said with a stern but aggressive tone. 

He did what he was told and came back with a backpack over his back. 

We exchanged a long stare into each others eyes, his eyes were bloodshot I could tell he had been crying before I showed up. 

He was clearly stressed and anxious about the whole situation, so I grabbed his hand and led him into his garage.

I went into his garage and unscrewed the number plate off the car, replacing it with a new one.

 "Get in" I deadpanned. 

"It's my car!" Brandon yelled at me.

"Brandon" i taunted. My voice low and aggressive. 

He got in the passenger seat and chucked his backpack in the backseat. The tires screeched as I exited the garage.

Brandon pulled out his phone to start playing a game 

"Are you a fucking idiot?" I questioned.  

I grabbed the phone out of his hands and threw it out the window. 

"MY PHONE! WHAT THE FUCK NEW GIRL, NOT COOL" Brandon yelled as he tried to grab his phone in mid air. 

"They will be able to track you that way! God you're so dumb" I yelled back.

+++

After hours in the car I made it onto a quiet road, the whole drive was silent. 

"Where are we even going, we've been driving for six hours" Brandon mumbled as he fiddled with his shirt. 

"I have a small house up in this town, no one really goes there it's basically dead" I said while glancing over at him quickly. He looked worried, I put my hand on his lap and gave it a light squeeze. 

"Hey, you'll be alright love" I reassured with a small smile. 

 "So how dead is this town, is it like Alex dead" Brandon said with a small smirk. 

I scoffed "Don't cover up your nerves with humour love, I can see straight through you". Brandon laughed which lit up the mood after six hours of painful and awkward silence.

"How long till we get there, new girl" he said giving me a side glance. 

The look he gave me made my heart thump against my chest, which resulted in me blurting out a nervous laugh.

"Probably like an hour or so" I quickly replied back. 

He noticed the laugh I had given him "do I make you nervous Lexi" he said seductively while looking at me, almost admiring me. 

His gaze flicked over every feature on my face "Don't flatter yourself North" I said with a small grin. 

"So if I do this" he whispered.

He slowly dragged his fingers up my thigh, lightly dragging it near where i wanted him most

"you don't get butterflies" he continued. 

I glanced down looking at his hand, his fingers decorated with metal rings. 

His fingers slowly creeping further. I shut my legs instantly which caused his hand to fall back down to his side. 

"You're making It very hard to focus on the road Brandon" I mumbled.

 He smiled knowing that he did in fact make me nervous in that very moment.

I noticed the town coming up "look were here!" I said in excitement while speeding up so I could get out of the car. 

"Wow it really is like Alex dead" he said with a small laugh resulting in me giving in to a laugh as well. 

"You like dark humour, bonusss!" Brandon said with a smile. The smile that could reach from one ear to the other. 

His smile was still filled with joy and I wondered how he could move on that quickly after what he did. It didn't really bother me that much so I let it go, i would rather him be happy than upset and angry.