Self defence

I wriggled my wrists against the cold metal restraints. 

The police officer held my arm tightly as he escorted me inside the police station. 

I could hear brandons footsteps coming up behind me rapidly, I glanced back at him and he gave me a 'im so sorry' look. 

"So Lexi, Lexi Parker" the police officer sighed "you obviously know why you're here". 

I shot him a look and glanced at the door seeing Brandon outside pacing back and forth. 

"No officer why would I be here" I spat with sarcasm. 

A man in a black suit came in the room handing the officer a piece of paper while exchanging obvious whispers.

"It's your lucky day Lexi" 

I scoffed "and why is that mr policeman person". 

The police officer skimmed through all the papers in front of him "it was self defence Lexi, we know what he did to you, you aren't being charged with anything".

The sentence rung in my head and I felt the weight of a bus being lifted off my shoulders 

"oh my god" i muttered.

 The officer came around behind me and released the cold metal from my wrists. 

I burst out the door with a smile that reached from one ear to the other. Brandon spun around on his heel looking at my face and he started to smile as well, almost as if he mind read the situation. He wrapped his arms around me and dug his face in the crook of my neck.

"I thought I was going to lose you" he whispered. 

I grabbed his hand and ran out of the police station doors and felt the ice cold air hit my face.

 A band of thunder rung through both of our ears and little droplets of rain started before it started to rain heavily on us. 

I pulled Brandon into me putting my slender fingers through his wet hair.

"I love you Brandon" I breathed out 

"I love you to Lexi" he replied pulling me into a kiss.