14

The car ride over to Jericho was tense, to say the least. You weren't stupid by any means, of course, you had already considered the reality of your current situation and all of its possible outcomes. At this point, anything was possible, yet it was still hard to fathom the current world you were traversing. Androids were created with the sole purpose of serving humans. Fulfilling their human's every want and need was their only goal. But now, we were amidst a full-blown revolution as a result of this. It should have been expected, because how far can you push something before it stumbles over the edge? There was no denying that Androids were being treated horribly, forced to be slaves and obey any command without any forethought. It was a sad reality, truly, and you wanted nothing more than for this to all be over. What would that even mean?

There was no convincing Hank to let you do this alone, either. You were grateful, though, because as much as Connor would know you were not a threat, the same couldn't be said for the rest of the deviants that resided at Jericho. As a matter of fact, Connor could very well be in danger, too. Danger seemed to follow him everywhere... And here you are, trailing right after him.  

You wipe the sweat from the palms of your hands onto your jeans clumsily, your leg twitching nervously in your seat. Hank had already snapped at you once, telling you to calm the fuck down, but you couldn't help it. You watched him side-eye you again, the knuckles on his already clenched hands beginning to turn white. You quickly halt your movements and flash your partner a sheepish smile.

During the ride, your mind drifts back to earlier in the night, and you are reminded of the fear that you felt coursing through you at the thought of Connor getting hurt. Now your head was mostly cleared of the onslaught of anxiety you felt, you realized your reaction was a bit silly. Sure, you were definitely allowed to feel worried for your 'third' partner, because you considered him your friend... Or something along those lines... But no matter what he did or didn't possibly feel, at the end of the day, he is an android. You were putting yourself and Hank in a lot more danger than Connor was, wandering into a most likely hostile environment in the middle of an Android-lead revolution against humans; which you certainly are. The fact that humans are the ones who ultimately caused said revolution because of the ill-treatment of Androids, you should definitely be worrying. God, you even ramble in your thoughts, that's embarrassing. You pinch the bridge of your nose and awkwardly shake your head to clear the thoughts.

You shuffle your body to face Hank, your ankle sliding casually under its opposites knee. "So, what are we going to do? Y'know... Once we get there?"

Hank glances at you for a short moment with a look you know all too well, before returning his eyes to the road flippantly. "The hell am I supposed to know? This was your damned idea in the first place." You cringe outwardly at his words, him being right and all... You consider a plan.

"Well, I guess our first mission is to find Connor." You nod to yourself in assurance. You sound just like him...

Hank also nods with a slight shrug of indifference. "Right. Then what?" Is his gruff response.

"I didn't quite get that far."

He scoffs with a shake of his head, unamused. "Yeah, really fuckin' helpful. This is why you don't come up with the plans in this partnership."

Your head drops in defeat. "I'm sorry, okay? I kind of had a panic attack earlier and just left with no thought process. I figured you'd know what to do..." You glance up at him, pathetically. You feel the car slowly roll to a stop, and you realize; you've arrived. Some of the anxiety you felt from earlier began to creep back in.

Hank finally turns in his seat to look at you properly. "Well, no shit. As I said, I'm always comin' up with the plans." He gives you a once over, obviously taking in the patheticness of you in the very moment.