11

You had been sitting silently at your desk looking through deviant files for only five short minutes before the irritating voice of Gavin Reed made itself known. You were by yourself, besides the other officers, of course, waiting for either Hank or Connor to show up when he wandered over. His annoying self deciding to sit smack bang on your desk, not caring what might be underneath him or if his ass cheeks were messing something up.

You decide to ignore him, trying to look indifferent and as if you weren't moderately annoyed by his presence. He doesn't say anything for a minute or two, which brought you to the conclusion that he wanted to be acknowledged or something. You didn't care enough to think harder on the topic.

Giving up on trying to ignore his dumb self, you heave out a sigh before looking up at him with a bored expression.

"Can I help you, Reed?" If your face didn't show your displeasure of communicating with the creature in front of you, your tone of voice definitely did. Gavin's smug face glances around quickly before looking back to you.

"So no tin can, huh?" He asks, arrogantly. "It's that useless that it got kicked out or something?" He asks in fake wonder, scratching his chin.

You sigh again, turning to face your monitor screen. "No, dumbass. He just hasn't shown up yet." You roll your eyes. "I'm early today." You click off the deviant files and pull up the report that you've been procrastinating working on for about a week. You'd better start on that...

"Right," Gavin says slowly, drawing out the word. "And what about Hank? Passed out in some ditch somewhere? Drink too much last night?" He leans forward slightly, looking for any reaction out of you.

"No, actually." You retort. "He's going to buy us bagels and coffee. It's better than the shit in the precinct, so..." Your stomach growls at the mention of food. When you woke up this morning, you found that you'd ran out of cereal and had to buy something on your way to work. You finished it rather quick and by the time you got to the department, you realised you were still hungry. So you called Hank six or seven times until he answered, grumbling something about just wanting to "fucking sleep". You then proceeded to beg him to buy you a bagel on his way to work since you were starving and he complied disgruntledly.

It wasn't entirely a lie... You were pretty hungry after all... Living off of dry cereal wasn't the best idea.

Gavin decides to not comment on your correction to his statement. "The plastic prick, what's his name... Cory or something? Well, it better start-"

"Look, Gavin, sweetheart." You interrupt him, turning and giving him a look. "I get that you're obsessed with Connor, we all are," You smile at him fakely. "But please, talk about him when I'm not in the middle of writing a report that is due in a few hours and when I'm running on less than four hours of sleep." His face was slowly but surely losing its smugness the more you spoke. You tended to get a little passive aggressive when you missed your beauty sleep, which was most days.

"I-I'm not- what are you-" Gavin stutters pathetically, his ears only slightly tinged pink. He then coughs, clearing his throat and giving you an icy glare. "You're gonna regret saying that to me, L/n."

"You're empty threats fail to scare me, Gavin." You lay your head in the palm of your hand, your elbow resting on the edge of your desk. Closing your eyes, you sigh at the small amount of relief that washes through you. "Go on then, shoo. I have to finish this report, remember?" You sit silently for a moment or two and when you don't hear him leave, you crack an eye open to glare at him. He then huff's, walking away.

You close your eyes again, tired. "Heh, sucker."

"Are you alright, Sergeant?"

The sound of Connors blatantly amused voice startles you, making you sit up fast enough to give you whiplash. You cough awkwardly, similar to Gavins one earlier, and nod at the Android.