10

(This chapter is pretty pathetic, ngl. Read end of chapter notes. Thanks!)

November 9th,
11:17 am

Snow falls gently from the sky, small flakes littered in your hair and eyelashes. You were currently sat on the hood of your partner's car, head tilted back facing the misty sky. The cool air had a slight breeze to it and was ruffling your already messy h/c hair up. You weirdly liked the feeling that the cool bite in the air left on your face.

Hank stands in front of you speaking on the phone in a hushed whisper. His pacing back and forth was making you nervous, so you had turned your attention away from it a little while ago. Connor was still in the car, also with his eyes closed. You weren't entirely sure, but you assumed that he was writing a report to CyberLife or something along those lines. It didn't matter that much to you.

Only a short moment had passed before the sound of Hanks car door opening cut through the quiet air, followed by the crunch crunch of feet padding through the snowy ground. Opening your eyes, you turn your attention to your android partner and new found friend, assessing his concerned face.

Hanks conversation on the phone had apparently finished, his back facing the two of you as a sigh escaped him. You wondered what the person on the phone had told him and why it had left him so out of character.

"Is everything okay, Lieutenant?" Connor asks politely. His voice was calm but his face showed concern for his human companion.

Hank, only slightly surprised, glances back at Connor for a short moment before his eyes fall to the ground beside him. "Chris was on patrol last night." He starts slowly. "He was attacked by a bunch of deviants..." His voice was solemn. This got your attention, your stomach clenching slightly for your fellow officer.

Hank continues on. "He said he was saved my Markus himself..." Your eyebrows crease in disbelief, Hank obviously finding it hard to believe too by the tone of his voice.

"Is-is he alright?" You stutter quietly.

Hank nods. "Yeah, he's in shock but... He's alive..." He turns away from you both, muttering a confused 'what the hell' to himself then walking ahead.

You and Connor look to each other simultaneously and he gives you a comforting smile. You simply purse your lips and look down, gently pushing yourself off of the car to follow behind Hank.

As the three of you walk along the path leading to Elijah Kamski's house, or mansion rather, Connor voices his concerns. "I have a bad feeling Lieutenant..." He walks next to you, also giving you a worried look. "We shouldn't have come here."

"Bad feeling, huh?" Hank questions sarcastically. "Should get your program checked, might be a glitch." You scoff, amused at his banter. Connor meets your eyes yet again and bumps his arm with your own, an amused look of his own to match yours.

The short walk to the door of the large house leads to an awkward silence as you wait for someone to answer it after Hank presses the doorbell button. You clutch your large jacket keeping in your warmth closer to your body, silently agreeing with the words Connor had spoken earlier. You had a weird feeling in your gut.

Just as Hank was about to reach for the doorbell to ring it a second time, a short, blonde android wearing a dark blue dress opens the door.

Hank greets her awkwardly. "Hi. Er... I'm Lieutenant Hank Anderson, this is Sergent Y/n L/n of the Detroit Police Department. We're here to see Mr Elijah Kamski..." He motions to you and shuffles uncomfortably.

The android in front of them smiles nicely, her voice kind and soft. "Please, come in." She opens the door wider, motioning them into the house.

"Okay..." Hank answers, walking into the house first. Connor then nods for you to walk in before him and you do, smiling your thanks, wanting to be in the warmer air of the house. He walks in behind you.