6

The three of you are sat in Hanks car silently. The only sound occupying the space around you is the gentle patter of the rain on the windows, and the quiet whisper of the radio. You kept your eyes glued to the moving buildings outside the car with your head resting back. You were still upset about earlier in the day, emotions swept through you like a raging flood. It wasn't often that you would let the image of your best friend appear in your mind, but when it did, it was hard to flush away.

You hated the feeling it gave you.

You let your eyes close for a brief second before reopening them when the car pulled to a screeching halt. You knew where Hank was going, it was his favourite place to eat. You honestly weren't a big fan of the food at Chicken Feed, but you liked to accompany Hank and have a chat. If he was in the mood for one, of course.

You weren't keen on talking, and to avoid the already awkward atmosphere that suffocated you in the car, you jump out and quickly cross the street before either Hank or Connor could stop you.

Both Hank and Connor sat still and silently. Connor was very confused, unsurprisingly, but Hank was not. He knew what you were going through, he'd experienced loss himself. That's what he liked most about your personality, your undeniable understanding. He knew you could both be there for each other if needed, more so for you than himself. Hank didn't open up that often.

Before Connor could say a word, Hank spoke. "They lost someone a little while ago and it still hurts them to think about." He pursed his lips and shook his head, he didn't know why he was telling the android this. Maybe it was the look on its face when it took you in its arms. It looked genuinely concerned, with its eyebrows creased and attentive eyes. Or the way it's arms pulled you close, it's LED blinking a golden yellow.

"Just... Don't bring up what happened, got it?" He cleared his throat then jumped out of the car following after you. A car barely missing the man as he crossed the street.

It seemed that Connor was in a constant state of confusion when he accompanied these two humans. Their words and actions were something he had to take note of regularly and analyze a few times. Still, never quite understanding what they meant. Or what it made him... Feel? No, not feel. He was a machine, not a person. Unable to emulate human emotions.

His LED blinked a few times, a small notification flashed in the corner of his vision.

Software Instability /\

It had already appeared multiple times in the past few days. But he ignored it, it wasn't something prioritized that he had to worry about. For now at least.

Connor was the last to exit the car, quickly following behind Hank. After crossing the street, he is greeted by Hank chatting away to another man. He scanned the scene that was playing out in front of him.

AABDAR, PEDRO
Born: 1/25/2005 // Unemployed
Criminal record: illegal gambling, fraud

Connor decides to take note of this man's information, he would ask Hank about it later. Whatever the two were talking about, Hank agreed to it, handing over some of his money. Pedro took the money before walking off, throwing a 'you won't regret this' over his shoulder. As Connor watches Hanks companion walk away, he spots you standing at a table facing the street. He would surely join you later.

Connor steps up next to Hank and gives him a look.

"What is your problem? Don't you ever do as you're told?" Hank complains. "Look, you don't have to follow me around like a poodle!" Shaking his head, he looks away.

Connor contemplates what to say for a small moment, before replying. "I'm sorry for my behaviour back at the station. I didn't mean to be unpleasant." He decides to apologize.