[7] Playing Catch.

Third Person POV

Lexi was excited, She was ecstatic.

She was going to be with Jake the whole day, and her brothers didn't have any problem with it!

It was around nine in the morning when a sudden knock startled her, she woke up at seven and had already had her breakfast with David. Not finding her dad or Jake around at the breakfast, she came back in her room to change clothes

"Come in."

Stefan entered, "Are you ready?" He softly smiled

Lexi nodded, "Yes."

"Come, Alex wants you in his office." He said as both of them left the room

On their way to his office, Lexi was thinking about all the possible talks Alex wants to have with her. Before she knew it, she was standing in front of his office. Stefan opened the door for both of them, Alex was sitting behind the desk, with a laptop and an opened file in front of him. He was typing furiously on the laptop, sparing a glance towards both of them, he saw as Lexi sat opposite him and Stefan walked towards the cupboard kept on the other side of his office and started searching for a file.

Alex passed a box towards his sister, "Take it." She stared between the box and her eldest brother. Not knowing what to do, she took it and opened the box, only to stare at it wide eyed. It was a phone. iPhone 13 Pro. She kept the phone back in the box and kept it on the table, "Whose is it?" She asked Alex

"This is your. And this phone should be with you all the time you leave the mansion. Understood?"

Lexi kept staring at him with her mouth slightly opened, "This is Mine?" She whispered in

"Yes. Who else do you think I should give it?"

"I- uh, No-no" she stuttered, "I can't, this is not mine." She shook her head, "Why do you think I need a phone? I don't need it. So it means I'm not taking it either." She spoke looking between him and the box hesitantly, she pushed the box back towards him, "Keep it with you."

She looked up at his face, just as he shifted his gaze from the box pushed towards him to his sister. Lexi had both her hands beside her on the chair, her hold tightened on the chair, clutching on it rigidly.

Alex's eyes darkened as he heard his sister, his face didn't portray any emotion. He shut his laptop assertively, and pushed it aside, his gaze not leaving his sister, he connected his hands on the top of the table.

Lexi looked at the laptop and files on the table, the space between her and Alex was now empty with just the phone box in between. Her eyes widened as she noticed that the laptop and the files were now pushed towards his right, to his extreme right. She knew if he would have applied a little more pressure on the push, all his stuff on the table would have been on the floor.

Stefan noticed the scene unfolding in front of him, he kept the file he needed on the couch and took a step towards his siblings only for him to freeze after receiving the sharp look and a slight shake of his head by Alex. Stefan sighed and turned around towards the cupboard, hoping his sister wouldn't get scared and ruin her mood by what was about to happen.

With her breathing turning slightly uneven, she took a deep breathe when,

"Alexis Moretti."

Her neck snapped towards him, she slightly gulped hearing his calm tone, "Did I ask for your opinion about this phone?" Her brows furrowed slightly, his tone was calm, totally opposite to his behaviour.

Was that a rhetorical question?

She didn't knew, not wanting to be on his bad side, her mouth slightly opened to speak when his calm cold emotionless voice cut in again.