[27] Asher

Can we have 400+ comments? And 300+ votes?

Third Person POV

With his heart beating in his chest, he took two steps forward, trying to squeeze himself from everyone standing there and stood in the front.

"Yes?"
The nurse turned towards him, "She's asking for you."

Asher didn't look behind at any of their faces, that thought didn't even cross his mind to look at them once. He was so busy trying to calm the turmoil going inside him.

She was asking for him?

How in the world is that possible?

He stood in front of the door, the only barrier separating them.

Two minutes passed and he still couldn't figure out what he was supposed to do.

Maybe enter inside? His subconscious mind mocked him. He slightly nodded his head at that thought, yes, he was supposed to enter inside. Lexi, sorry Kiara had called him.

His nerves got the best of him again, he took a step backwards, he couldn't go inside. But then a thought struck his mind, why was he here in the first place? Because Kia was hurt, she had mushrooms. His expressions hardened at that thought again, and without a single thought, he knocked on the door twice.

The door opened almost immediately, his eyes landing on the female nurse on the other side of the door, "Please enter, " he heard her, "I was just about to leave," she opened the gate giving him enough space to enter. Closing the door behind him, the nurse pointed to a remote kept on the side table, "just press on the red button, to call any of us over or if you need anything."

Asher nodded his head, "okay." He muttered lowly. The nurse passed a smile to both of them before leaving the room.

He turned towards the, not surprisingly, a very large hospital bed, his black eyes meeting her brown ones, and he froze. His gaze snapped to her left hand before turning towards the direction her fingers pointed. A couch. Not, just a couch. The couch which lay on the far end of the room. He had noticed there were four couches in this huge hospital room, and the one Kia wanted him to sit on was the one which was at a great distance from her. Well not a great distance since they both were in the same room.

He cleared his throat awkwardly, and turned back towards the couch. His eyes never left her small figure lying on the bed as he sat on the couch.

"Lexi?" His soft voice broke the silence in the room, she turned her eyes towards him

"Are you feeling good?"

A few seconds passed in complete silence, Asher took it that she didn't want to talk to him. He was nervous, when suddenly he snapped out of his thoughts hearing her,

"Better than how I felt when I saw my neighbour's house empty."

Their eyes connected. Asher's throat suddenly felt dry, he didn't know what to say, or do for that matter. There was only one thought on his mind. He could just decipher one thing.

He nodded his head slightly, , he deserved it.

"The water is kept there."

He followed her gaze to the small table kept at a small distance to him. Taking a glass of water, he chugged it down in one go, before taking another glass and filling it in half, "Do you want some?"

"From your hands? No."

His hold on the glass tightened before he kept it back at the table, and took a step towards the door, "I can call your brother?"