[17] Breaking The News

MERRY CHRISTMAS to you and your family!! I wish you lots of happiness and merry-making.

Here you go, a very long Chapter ahead. Enjoy Reading.

Please don't forget to vote and comment!!

Kiara Valencia-Moretti

Awkward

This is the only word by which I can explain this dinner. Everyone was present, and by everyone I mean everyone.

I was sat between Zaydon and Kry, again, with Greyson, David and Stefan in front of us and Alex and dad on both the ends of the table.

I was already full after eating a little more than half of my plate, but didn't want all of their attention on me so I kept playing with my food and taking small bites in between.

There was this unwanted tension in the atmosphere from the moment I sat. This was by far the most silent and awkward dinner i've ever had since I came living here until the silence was broken by someone.

"Olivia and mom are coming tomorrow to stay for a few days."

I turned my head towards the owner of the voice and quickly turned it back to my plate when realised I was the only one looking at her. My brothers didn't even bother themselves to hear what she said and just kept eating.

I counted till ten in my mind and waited for someone to say something. No one did. Maybe they weren't supposed to say anything, she didn't ask a question, just told something. Yup, that must be the case.

"buon per te?" Dad said something, without even looking at her, in Italian which I knew I wont understand, so just blocked there conversation.
(Good for you?)

I heard a almost inaudible snort above me, looking at Zaydon he turned towards me and pointed towards my plate with a strict stare.

My stepbrothers looked interested in their parents conversation but, Jake on the other hand looks like he already knows what's going to happen next and this isn't the first time this is happening.

What was going on?

"Well, uh okay. They'll reach here tomorrow morning." Who is coming here tomorrow morning?

From the corner of my eyes, I saw Dad nodding his head while sipping on his drink. He kept the glass on the table and turned towards her for the first time since this conversation started.

"Nessuno viene a casa mia Emily. Se vuoi incontrarli, prenota loro un hotel e incontrali o fai quello che vuoi. Non è un mio problema cara." I didnt understand whatever Dad said, but he said it in such a smooth voice that I felt the whole room atmosphere change.
(No one is coming at my place Emily. If you want to meet them, book them a hotel and meet or do whatever you want. That's none of my concern dear.)

"I'm not -" She started but Dad cut her off by saying something in Italian again. What are they talking about anyway? Will someone tell me.

"Attenta alle tue parole Emily. Sai che non voglio che mia figlia ascolti queste conversazioni indesiderate. Non parlare in inglese." Again, I didn't understood what Dad said but the last part of what he said sounded like an order. I even felt his gaze on me at one point of time.
(Careful with your words there Emily.You know I don't want my daughter hearing any of this unwanted conversation. Dont speak in english.)

My gaze met Jake and we made eye contact. He passed me a small smile and I returned the gesture. He was so sweet. He didn't deserve this. He didn't deserve his own half siblings treating him the way my brothers do. If my brothers have been treating him the way they do now all the time... even the thought was so hurtful. They treat him like he isn't present in the room, like he doesn't even exist.