[9] Movie night.

Third Person's POV.

With her hands pressed on the doorknob, she pushed it, took a step forward, and entered the room. Closing the door behind her, she didn't look toward Alex, not even once. Only now, when she was standing between the chairs in front of his desk, did she look up, her brown eyes meeting the similar cold brown eyes.

She kept staring at him, and her mind went blank, as soon as she made eye contact with her eldest brother, Alex. All the words that kept ringing in her brain, every sentence that she thought of, on her way to his office, seem to fly out of her mind the moment she set foot in his office. What was she supposed to say now?

Her heartbeats weren't helping either, if anything, her idiotic heart has now started beating rapidly. Clenching her toes tightly, painfully, she opened her mouth slightly, only to close it back down.

Only when she saw Alex raise his eyebrow at her, her mouth started working on its own, "Good Morning Alex.", She greeted

"Good Morning." He replied solemnly

Great, couldn't he be a little sweet in the morning? She thought.

"Why are you not downstairs?" She asked, her tone, like usual, soft

"Is that what you are here for?" He asked instead, his tone not softening a bit

"Uhh maybe?" Her eyebrow slightly rose as she thought, before she turned her attention towards him, "Did something happen?"

Alex slightly shook his head, "No, nothing happened. You go downstairs, I'll be down shortly." He dismissed her, turning his attention to the laptop,

but did Lexi dismiss herself? No, she didn't even talk about what she was here for. She was not going to leave, until everything was clear between them, which according to her, was not.

She shifted her weight from one foot to the other before taking a few steps forward. Now she was standing two steps away from Alex's huge chair. He turned towards her, his eyebrows rose in confusion, "Alex." She spoke softly

"I'm sorry." She started, her eyes not leaving him, her tongue started moving on her own, "For yesterday. I didn't mean to disobey you, that was not my intention. I just... I don't know, are you not talking to me?"

"Why would you think that?" Alex asked, now turning his chair towards the little girl. Getting a hold of her hand, he gently pulled her towards him.

"I didn't see you yesterday, and not even today, you were not at the breakfast table. I thought you are angry at me, for what happened yesterday. I swear I started regretting everything the moment I left your office."

"I'm not." He stated, "I'm not angry at you."

"Even yesterday, you were not there at dinner."

"That's because I had some work."

"Then what about today?"

"I had an early meeting."

Who in their right mind would keep a meeting so early?

Lexi nodded, "Okay. So we are cool now?" She asked, a small smile starting to appear on her face

"When were we at war, love?" Alex asked instead, a small chuckle escaping his lips. Closing the laptop, he stood up, her small hand being engulfed in his big ones, as they both made their way to the breakfast table.

---

The whole day, she was either reading her novel or unpacking. At last, till dinner time, she had all her stuff unpacked and in their respective places.