four

- jae-in -

"Are you even listening to me?"

"Huh?" I mumbled, shaking my head as I rubbed my eyes.

"Sorry...Eunbin...I had a rough night," I muttered, taking a sip of the iced americano in front of me, hoping it would make me look anymore alive.

"Yeah I've heard....I still can't believe it."

"Huh?"

"It's just...you've always been so...pure? Like, I always thought you'd save your first kiss with someone who deserved it, not like this, even in your drunken state I thought you'd be sober enough for that," she said, making me nod.

"I know...I can't believe it either...and now I have to live with it," I sighed, playing with the straw in my iced americano.

"Well......look, if anything was to happen, just know I won't care..I've moved on, I have a boyfriend now....but at the same time, I hope you guys stay away from each other....he was weird," she said, making me look up at her.

"What do you mean...weird?" I asked curiously.

"I don't know how to explain it but....he would ask alot of questions about me....and my friends....ugh just ignore me, I'm probably the weird one," she shrugged it off, taking a bite of her croissant.

"Anyways, I should be going, I promised Jaemin I'd come pick him up, so I'll see you later, okay?" she said, as we both got up from our seats.

"Yeah, okay," I said, giving her a smile before I hugged her.

We walked out of the cafe together, before I waved goodbye as we went our seperate ways.

I saw my driver Jinyoung standing in front of the car on a phone call, making me crease my eyebrows.

looks important.

"Is everything okay?" I asked him once I got closer.

"Uhh...yeah, just got off the phone with your mom, she wants you home quickly," he said, as he opened the door for me.

I thanked him, before taking my phone out of my bag, seeing if I had any missed calls or texts.

"Don't worry, it isn't anything to worry about, she said you'll be expecting guests soon so she hopes you'll have enough time to get ready," he said, making me nod.

"Oh....okay."

Once I got out of the car, I saw my mom immediately approach me.

"Hey sweetie, just quickly go get ready okay? We're having friends over and...try to look formal, please don't come down in shorts," she begged, making me smile.

"Alright I won't."

I went upstairs and into my room, rushing into the closet so I could quickly find something to wear.

Once I was satisifed with a simple dark blue dress, I put on my heels before adding some jewellry.

"Ah yes, welcome, welcome," I heard my mom greet an unfamiliar face.

My dad looked towards me, a smile on his face.

"Jae-in, say hello to our guests."

I smiled towards the couple, before bowing shortly.