eight

- jae-in -

A few days passed by quicker than I thought. University kept me busy most of the time as assignments piled up one after the other. I still found time for myself though, and my friends. I still helped around with Seunghee's cafe to spend more time with her, and Doyoung...we almost talked everyday, and occasionally went on dates, I started to really appreciate him, and he was really sweet...but even with everything happing around me, I still couldn't get my mind off of him.

He never texted me, or called after that day, and I kept telling myself I was glad that he stopped...but a part of me longed to see him again.

Which brings me to this moment right now, as happy as I made myself look and sound around my family and friends, I still wasn't okay. Ignoring all the risks and warning signs in my head, I decided to come to the bar, alone.

"Thanks," I mumbled to the bartender, as he gave me another glass of wine.

I normally didn't drink like this, but right now I couldn't care less.

"Hey there gorgeous," I saw a guy that looked around my age come up to me, before he sat next to me.

"Hey," I sighed boredly, knowing exactly why he was there.

He touched my thigh, making me push his hand off with a scoff.

"I'm not drunk, so why don't you go find some other girl to play with," I shot, rolling my eyes.

"Well you look alone though...so I want to give you some company," he said, pretending to pout.

"Please leave me alone, I'm not in the mood."

"I can put you in a good mood baby, trust me," he whispered near my ear, before I felt his sweaty hand creep up my thigh.

"S-Stop, move a-away!" I struggled to push his hand away, as he only grabbed my thigh tighter.

"She said, move away," I heard a familiar voice behind me before they were reaching forward to grab the man's hair, before pulling on it roughly.

"What the fuck!" The man screamed as he let go off my thigh.

The familiar guy came into my view, as my eyes widened.

"J-Jeonghan?"

why was he here?

His eyes were flaring in anger, as he punched the guy right in the cheek, his body flying off the bar stool.

I got up alarmingly, trying to stop him as he continued kicking him.

"Jeonghan, stop! That's enough!" I begged, grabbing his arm as I tried to move him away.

He didn't seem to even budge, as he grabbed the man by his collar.

"Touch her again, and I'll rip you to fucking pieces," Jeonghan growled, punching him again in the face.

"Okay I think he gets it, just stop!"

Jeonghan threw one last hard punch across his face before he got up, sighing angrily.

Before I could say anything, he grabbed my hand, dragging me out of the bar.

Once we were out, he let go off my wrist before turning around to look at me.

"Why the hell were you in there!? And by yourself?"

"That's none of your business," I spat, rolling my eyes.

"Jae-in, this is not a place for a girl to be out by herself."

His voice was much more softer now, as he looked at me worriedly.

Something softened in me, but I quickly masked it with anger.