two

- jae-in -

I watched as the rain poured down loudly. I was reading a book by my bedroom window, but the rain was distracting me.

With soft music playing at the back, I decided to put my book away and just rest while looking out the window. Even when I was younger, I always loved watching the rain.

A few minutes passed, and I heard my phone ring. I picked it up to see it was Seunghee calling me.

"Hey what's up?"

"OH JAE-IN MY BEST FRIEND I NEED YOUR HELP IM DYING!" She yelled, making me pull my phone away from my ear.

"What's wrong?"

"I NEEDED A HAND YOU KNOW MY CO WORKER EUNHA? SHE COULDN'T COME TO WORK SUDDENLY AND NO ONE ELSE IS PICKING UP SO I THOUGHT OF YOU."

"Oh sure, don't stress, I'll be there soon," I assured her, walking over to my closet to get ready.

"You really have no idea how much I love you, thank you!!"

I chuckled, shaking my head. "I love you too, now I'll hang up, see you soon."

After I finished getting ready, I grabbed my black long coat and walked out of my room and down the stairs.

I saw my mom and dad walk through the front door as I got to the end of the staircase.

"Oh mom, dad, your back early from your meeting."

"Ah y-yes....it wasn't much so we decided to head home, where are you going at this time young lady?" My mom asked.

"Seunghee needed my help back at the cafe so I'm going to go help her."

"That's very sweet of you honey...but stay safe and please be back before 10..we need to talk to you about something," my dad said.

"Oh...okay, well I should get going, I'll talk to you guys later then," I said, giving them a kiss on the cheek before opening the front door.

I got in the car, telling the driver where I wanted to go and sat back comfortably, taking out my phone to let Seunghee know I was on my way.

Once we got there, I thanked the driver before opening the car door, getting ready to go out.

"Miss? What time would you like me to come pick you up?" The driver asked, making me shake my head.

"It's okay Jinyoung, I'll just catch a cab, you go and rest," I said, giving him a soft smile.

He nodded his head, thanking me before I got out.

I watched him drive away before entering the cafe.

"Ahh finally!! Please hurry up!" Seunghee grabbed my arm, pulling me to the staff room.

I quickly took off my coat, before putting on the apron she gave me before walking back out to the front.

"Just take some orders, and I'll help make them," Seunghee said, making me nod my head as I tied my hair back.

I started to take a few orders, getting shocked at how busy the cafe was for a Wednesday night.

"Next," I called out, bending down to get more of the buzzy things that tell you when your order is done.

I looked back up, meeting eyes with a man, and may I add, a very good looking man.

"Hello," I said awkwardly, bowing a little as he just continued to stare at me.