17 ~ nature

(Just picture Harley a bit older and with shorter hair its a little hard to find gifs of Ty Simpkins, the face claim anyways hope you enjoy the chapter)

Harley woke up extra early on Friday morning. His excitement and anxieties over the upcoming field trip woke up earlier than he intended. He turned to his side to check the time.

He picked up his phone and checked his messages.

He eventually got out of bed and got ready.

Elizabeth knocked and entered Harley's bedroom. She made sure that he has everything packed and was wearing clothes that was warm enough for the ski lodge.

"Mom, I'm fine," Harley said, taking a step back from his mother.

"Hey, I'm just making sure you're good and wearing warm enough clothes," Elizabeth said.

"If I'm cold, I'll just wear something warmer when we get there," Harley assured her.

"Okay," she sighed.

Harley sat on the edge of his bed as Elizabeth checked his bag again.

Once she was done, she zipped up the carry - on suitcase and had it stand on the wheels.

"Are you ready?" Elizabeth asked.

Harley smiled. "Yeah."

She smiled.

"Alright," Elizabeth said. "Let's get you to school on time.

Harley nodded.

He grabbed his phone and charger and quickly put the charger in his backpack and phone in his back pocket. He grabbed the handle of his suitcase and threw his backpack around his shoulders and followed his mother out of his bedroom.

She dropped him off at school and Harley had his suitcase put in the bus.

Around the same time, Cassie had gotten to school and had her things put into the bus as well.

They talked about the field trip as they walked into school and headed to Mr. Matthews' classroom.

Their friends were in the classroom, waiting for the two of them to show up.

They joined their friends and joined the conversation.

When the bell rang, everyone got into their seats and Mr. Matthews stood by his chalkboard with a stick in his hand.

"Nature," he said, angrily.

He hit the board with his stick.

"Makes us sneeze, puts us in the infirmary," he said. "Nature."

"What's he got against nature?" Maya asked. "Isn't he running the Nature Club?"

Harley tilted his head and stared at his teacher, now wondering what Mr. Matthews has against nature when he's running the nature club.