02 ~ high school

It was the first day of school and Harley woke up quite early. Their new roommate and family friend, Lexi Wheeler, moved in. 

Lexi and Elizabeth have known each other when they filmed an action movie a few years earlier and have been close friends ever since. Elizabeth trusted Lexi enough that she would leave Harley and Peter with her whenever she was gone for days or weeks at a time for work.

Since Lexi was looking for a roommate and Elizabeth didn't want to leave Harley and Peter on their own whenever she traveled for work, they decided it was a good idea to move in together and take care of the boys together.

Elizabeth was gone before Harley and Peter woke up for school, which left Lexi to take them to school on her way to work.

They headed to the subway and got on a train to head to school.

Peter yawned as they waited to get to their stop.

"You guys excited?" Lexi asked.

Harley shrugged.

"I guess," Peter said.

"New school," Lexi said. "You guys can make a bunch of new friends and meet new people."

"Not when there's a possibility of them stabbing you in the back," Harley said, expressionless.

Lexi gave him a look.

"Look, if you meet the right people, they won't stab you in the back," Lexi said. "I really get where you're coming from, Harls. You never know someone's intentions but you will find the right friends if you look hard enough."

Harley didn't say anything.

Lexi dropped Harley and Peter at their schools. Peter was attending John Quincy Adams Middle School while Harley is attending Abigail Adams High School.

Harley walked to his locker and opened it.

He noticed a few familiar faces. Riley and her friends. He bit his lip, hoping they don't notice them. 

"Hi," he heard a slightly cheerful voice say behind him.

He turned around.

It was a tall girl with long brown hair and blue eyes. 

"Hi," he said.

"I'm Cassie," she said, extending her hand to shake Harley's. "Cassie Taylor."

"I'm Harley Walker," Harley said, shaking Cassie's hand.

"Freshman too?" Cassie asked.

"Yeah," he nodded.

"Me too," Cassie said.

"You new here too?" Harley wondered.

"I am," Cassie said.

Cassie looked so familiar, but he couldn't pinpoint where he's seen her.

"Where did you transfer from?" Cassie asked.

Harley closed his locker door and began walking with Cassie.

"I was homeschooled," Harley yawned.

"Oh!" Cassie said. "What was that like?"

"Alright, I guess," Harley shrugged. "It gave me some time to do activities and all."

"That's good," Emma smiled.

"Are you new here?" Harley asked. "Or..."

"Oh, yeah, I'm new here," she said.

"Where - where are you from?"

"Texas," she smiled. 

The bell rang and Harley looked up.