21. When The Dust Settles

•

SHE WAS IN COMPLETE awe. The Helicarrier hovered alongside the flying city, a spectacular sight. "Nice, right?" She could hear the smirk on Fury's face. "Pulled her out of mothballs with a couple of old friends. She's dusty, but she'll do."

Steve sighed, shaking his head with a smile. "Fury, you son of a bitch."

"Ooh! You kiss your mother with that mouth?"

There was a loud hiss and out from the sides of the Helicarrier came five carriers that would successfully get people off of the flying city. She smiled brightly.

Eleanor heard a chuckle from next to her as a slight breeze tickled her cheek. Pietro stood beside her, a child-like smile on his face as he stared out at the Helicarrier. "This is S.H.I.E.L.D.?" He asked in amazement.

With a small smile on his face, Steve nodded. "This is what S.H.I.E.L.D. is supposed to be."

Pietro looked back at him, unable to hide his smile. "This is...not so bad."

"It's wonderful," Eleanor sighed in amazement. Pietro laughed and wrapped an arm around her shoulder. She laughed along with him and lightly ruffled his silver hair. She pushed down the thought that this moment wouldn't last long. Ultron was still out there.

"Let's load them up!" Steve announced as the carriers flew closer. The four turned away from the edge and headed into the buildings, ushering people out and showing them where to go. As the carriers docked, hundreds of thousands of Sokovian people piled onto them. Steve ran to greet the workers on board and explained the situation.

"This way!" Eleanor yelled to the people as they ran. "Follow the crowd!" She hurried them along, encouraging people to stay as calm as they could and watch out for others. A few people would trip and fall every now and again, but Eleanor was right there to lift them up, making sure they didn't get trampled.

Tony's voice crackled through the earpiece. "Thor, I got a plan."

"We're out of time," The god responded. "They're coming for the core!"

Tony let out a frustrated huff. Eleanor continued to listen in, as she ushered people to safety. "Rhodey, get the rest of the people onboard the carrier,"

"On it,"

"Avengers, time to work for a living," Tony announced.

Eleanor perked up. She looked to Steve, who gave her a quick nod. Returning the nod, the two made their way to the core as fast as possible. By the time they got there, Tony, Thor, and Pietro were already fighting Ultron bots. They smashed the last few as they entered. From the other side, Clint and Wanda walked up. Pietro was instantly at his sisters' side, making sure she was alright. Eleanor jogged her way over. "Glad to see you're alright,"