Chapter 13 - Friendship with an Unlikely Ally

(Don't mind the cover art, I made it - I didn't know what to put there ;u;)

You had to stifle a laugh. "Excuse me?"

The guard let out a little, childish whine, looking clearly annoyed. "I said to be my friend! C'mon, it's not that bad..."

You simply shrugged, walking over and flicking his forehead, which resulted in a "Hey!" from him. "Fine, that can be arranged...though, what does friendship with you entail?" You questioned.

He seemed conflicted for a few moments before huffing, flicking your forehead back. "I dunno! Like, telling secrets? And having fun!" He gasped. "We can prank the king together...!"

You rolled your eyes. "See, I'm not expendable, since I'm the prophecy - however, you - I think the king would have no problem parting with you if you pranked him."

He frowned, looking to the floor. "Hey...I'm not expendable!" He nudged you lightly. "Just cause you're the prophecy doesn't make you any more important than me."

You nudged him back. "I'm saying in the king's eyes, dipstick. I'll be your friend, that's fine by me. I'm just saying don't get in trouble with the king, he isn't exactly the nicest." You advised, beginning to go through your closet. "Oh, can you tell me why the king has a field of potatoes? Ah, and possibly your name - I don't exactly know it."

"Well, I know yours. Which means I'm smarter. It's Tommy." He paused, letting out an annoyed groan. "Oh, that. The king has a thing for growing a big field of potatoes, says he wants to be the greatest potato grower in all the lands. I think it's stupid. He's always looking to upgrade spells to make the growing better. Just to beat some kid to the East!" Tommy explained. "It's so dumb, he literally has farmers he could use!"

You chuckled. "I think it's cute." You couldn't help but imagine the king getting his hands dirty in his fancy gown and crown.

Tommy made a little gagging sound. "Gross! The king isn't cute, he's ugly, and disgusting! No woman would ever want him."

"Is that so?" A voice called from the doorway, sounding clearly unamused. "Can you tell me what your doing in my wife's room?" It was the king.