The Prophecy - Chapter 8

(Okay question - short hair Techno or long hair Techno?)

While it was somewhat hard, you'd managed to find something casual among the ballgowns and fancy dinner party outfits - a simple, yet pretty blue, brown and white dress. It was long sleeved, luckily, to protect you from the cool, and the bottom reached down to about your knees before ending. Underneath, however, you wore white leggings, knowing it had rained the entire night before. It was bound to be at least a little chilly.

Once you had figured out the corset, with the help of a rather embarrassed young guard supposedly named Tommy, you had set back to the main room and discovered Techno, of course, in his throne

Once you had figured out the corset, with the help of a rather embarrassed young guard supposedly named Tommy, you had set back to the main room and discovered Techno, of course, in his throne. He seemed to be bored - however, once he saw you, he lightened up, hopping off of the golden chair and striding over to you with a hidden smile. Once he reached you, he grabbed your hand, putting a pouch inside it with a wink. "Your 'allowance', my queen~."

You subtly rolled your eyes, pulling your hand away from his. "Thanks, but I'm not 'your queen'. It's still 'Y/N'." You pointed out bluntly, before stuffing the pouch into the top of your dress. The king stared in puzzlement, before shaking his head and opening the castle doors. The guards saluted him and you as you walked out together.

"So, you wanted to see the prophecy, yes? There's a library my father built in his time of ruling, so you're lucky. I would've knocked it down to make room for an arena, but he was always adamant about keeping it." Techno huffed in annoyance, crossing his arms as he walked before glancing to you. "Don't you think an arena would've been much more successful? Barely half the town knows how to read, most of which don't even know where the library is!" The king seemed annoyed by this.

You simply sighed, shaking your head. "If half the town doesn't know how to read, wouldn't it be a better idea to knock it down to build a school? Not saying you should knock it down at all, I like books." You focused on the passing scenery - the royal garden. The king didn't look like he much cared for plants, though he must have hired some sort of skilled gardener. It was beautiful - the hedges were finely trimmed into all kinds of shapes, some of which you recognized to be countless sizes of pigs. You also recognized statue-esque trimmings which didn't look all too good due to the fact that one wasn't able to trim that finely - you guessed the king had ordered those to be made. The roses all seemed to be a strangely vibrant pink, almost the same as the king's hair.

Flowers lined the stone path you followed, all fresh and wet from the morning dew. The sunlight, now just peeking over the abundance of clouds, glistened on the petals, catching your attention - though, you were quickly brought back by Techno's blunt voice. "Nahh. Dumb people make great soldiers! They're not smart enough to know they can be doing better, yet not dumb enough to be unable to fight! Perfect win, I'd say, and that's coming from the king of one of the best armies on the continent!" He did a playful twirl, his cape brushing against your dress. You simply focused your attention back to the foliage - though, something caught your eye. Off in the distance, in a seemingly lighter part of the garden, was a large dirt patch. Well, it was far off, so you couldn't exactly guess the size, though you were guessing it was big. The dirt seemed lumpy and leaf ridden, somewhat uncharacteristic of a castle garden - though, there was a neat fence around it. Maybe something was being planned? Before you could mention it, the king pulled your attention to a carriage that was already waiting on the road. "Come on in, my queen." He hopped in, holding his hand out to you with a sly grin.

You raised an eyebrow and lifted yourself up and into the carriage with a huff, not needing his help. He responded with an annoyed glare, before sitting back on the comfortable seat across from you. "It'll be a quick ride, I just figured you wouldn't want to tire yourself. Women don't necessarily like walking."

You were slightly offended by the way he said it. "Next time we can walk, alright?" You promised, putting your hands neatly in your lap and looking out the window. You two didn't talk for most of the ride, some tension obviously built from the night before - though, you didn't mind. It gave you a chance to admire the scenery. The beautiful forest that surrounded the castle was thick and somewhat mysterious, boasting a multitude of tree types and sizes. You figured if you went in far enough you'd no longer be able to see the sunlight on the forest floor, unless you found a clearing of some sort. You wondered how the theif you met ever found his way around.

Your admiring luckily made the time pass quickly, and you soon found yourself outside of the carriage and beside the king. In front of you stood a rather tall and ornate marble building, somewhat cracked and mossy, though still standing. With a nod, Techno started on his way inside, glancing back every so often to make sure you were following, before leading you to a somewhat more secluded part of the library. The dimly candlelit room was behind a somewhat large black door, a stone slab seemingly carved out of whatever rock it was on against the wall. It boasted several strange symbols you didn't recognize, which the king luckily noticed.

"It's old language. No one speaks it anymore, but the prophecy was passed down through generations. Funny how language works - a saying can be passed down, but the sayings origin language doesn't matter as much." He mumbled to himself, before looking to you with a small blush, realizing he was rambling. "Sorry."

You shook your head, running a hand over the slab with curiosity. "Well, if you were expecting me to speak it, I don't. What does it say?"

He was disappointed by the new information, but kept his composure, straightening up as he began to recite what had been told to him nearly every night as a child. "The divine one shall appear in a ray of sunlight, basked in knowledge. He who takes the queen will be eternal king."