A Fight - Chapter 3

(AUTHOR'S NOTE -
Lemme know if you guys want short and more frequent chapters or long ones that take more time! Also, art still by WolfyTheWitch!)

"That answer's obvious, peasant." He pointed out, chuckling to himself. "It's because I'm so great! Painters are blessed to have painted me, you know. They start getting paid more after doing anything with me even slightly in it." He certainly had a large ego.

You just scoffed at him. "You can't just keep me here, that's illegal." You said, though you knew that wasn't true. At least to him. You attempted to turn your body away from the pink haired man, though the guards kept you in place. "Besides, you were talking about some prophecy. Gonna sacrifice me or something?"

He just laughed, shaking his head. "I'm the king, I make the rules. If I say that I can keep you here, it's the law." He had a rather dark look in his eyes. "Sacrifice? Oh, no. Don't be stupid, c'mon. You may not be much to look at, but you're certainly not ugly enough to sacrifice!" He seemed to like insulting you a fair amount. "Besides, you're apparently supposed to be the queen. We can put a bag on your head or something."

Panic began to finally set in. This dude was probably a lunatic, going on about prophecies and such. With a yell, you suddenly propelled yourself up by the guards arms that held you and kicked the king in the chest, squealing when you were dropped. You took it as an opportunity to quickly get up, racing towards one of the side doors and into a long - looking hallway. Even the hallways were extravagant, gold chandeliers hanging from the ceilings. The walls were also lined with paintings of different things, however you paid no attention, darting down one of the hallways.

From a distance behind yourself, you heard a "What the hell are you doing? Get her!", which you assumed to be from the king, leading you to quickly dart down a different hallway. You spotted an armor stand made of what seemed to be iron, holding a nice looking sword. Hesitantly, you pulled the sword out of the empty armors hands. The armor made a large clank as the helmet fell, causing you to lift your sword to where you heard footsteps. You didn't really know how to use a sword, but it couldn't be hard, right?

The king was even faster than the guards, his long hair flowing behind him as he ran. As soon as he heard the noise, however, he halted, looking towards the hallway it came from and walking on over. Upon seeing you, he smirked, raising his arms. "Are you challenging me? Really? You?" He laughed, pulling out his crystal clear sword. Upon further inspection, it seemed to be battered and worn, though still as sharp as ever. He couldn't possibly be an actual swordsman, right? Kings usually didn't fight.

The guards stood back as the king advanced towards you slowly, grinning to himself. "So be it." He murmured, charging. Just as quick as it started it ended with him disarming you and sweeping your legs out from below you, pointing the sword to your neck as you lay on the floor. He was about to speak, however something interrupted him. He held his free hand up to his nose and pulled it back, noticing blood - you'd managed to get a small papercut-like hit to the bridge of his nose. He looked down to you with...admiration?

"Well, you landed a hit. Maybe you're not such a peasant after all." He laughed, pressing the cold end of the sword to your neck. You leaned into it with narrowed eyes, gritting your teeth. "Go on and kill me already." You murmured.

His answer surprised you. "I can't kill my supposed queen, no matter how much I dislike her." He sheathed his sword, snapping at the guards. "Take her to the queen's chamber already. Wait outside the door, make sure no funny business happens." He began to walk off, holding his hands behind himself as he moved - of course, sparing one last glance as you as you were helplessly picked up and carried off by the guards.