Boyfriends

The smell of fresh bread was in the air and woke up a still sleeping San.

Last night, he and Wooyoung spoke and came to the conclusion that Wooyoung is not going to be his assistant. Of course San would have been happy if he had finally received support, but accepts all this for Wooyoung's well-being. The younger should not feel oppressed or even uncomfortable.

San was alone in Wooyoung's room. It was exactly as he had imagined it to be. A controlled mess. After some stretches, he got up from bed, opened the door and was immediately surrounded by the delicious smell.

"Good morning. I was just about to wake you up" Wooyoung smiled nervously as he stood in front of the older one. He played with his own fingers and looked at the floor until two fingers gently pressed his chin upwards.

"Good morning", San smiled back.

"You don't have to be shy." San calmed Wooyoung down and made a step towards him.

San's face came closer and he could see Wooyoung's nervousness. The shorter closed his eyes tightly and waited for the elder's lips to touch his, but waited in vain when he felt them on his forehead instead.

After a brief silence, San stepped back to avoid putting too much pressure on Wooyoung, but still held his hand. Before he could say anything, Wooyoung spoke up.

"Why didn't you kiss me on the lips?" Wooyoung blushed.

San was puzzled. Wooyoung had just tightly shut his eyes. Wasn't that a sign of discomfort? He didn't understand.

"Didn't you feel uncomfortable when I stepped closer to you?" He questioned and stroked Wooyoung's hand with his thumb.

"No I didn't. Actually... I've never done things like this before. No one had ever given me the space you did. They never asked and were pretty selfish about their own needs. That's why I was a little bit nervous about what you would do." He answered truthfully.

"You have to trust me when I say that I would never do anything without asking you. I don't want to push you or make you feel uncomfortable. So, if you don't want something and you're in any way uncomfortable about anything, tell me! We're boyfriends now and I have to know what you like and what you don't like!" San touched the younger's cheek and pulled him in for a hug.

"Thank you. Really!" Wooyoung felt reassured. It was surely a strange feeling to not be taken advantage of and he still had to get used to San being his boyfriend now but he already liked it.

After quickly leaving San alone he came back from the kitchen.

"My roommates left for work. I know you have to leave soon as well so I woke up early and made bread!" He proudly presented everything and put it on the table.

"It's still hot but definitely delicious!" He smiled and led San to the table where he sat down opposite him.

You baked this yourself? San asked. He was impressed.

"Yes! This is Korean Cream Cheese Garlic Bread

this is Korean Sausage Bread

and this is Korean Egg Bread with Bacon!"

He pointed at each food individually.

"This smells incredible, Young-ah!" San looked up and checked if Wooyoung was okay with the nickname and he seemed to be okay with it as his smile grew wider.

"Try it!" Within seconds San's plate was filled with the food. He had a little bit more than an hour to eat and get ready so he made sure to enjoy every second he could spend with Wooyoung.

"That's really delicious, Young-ah. Have you ever thought about opening your own bakery? Your bread would sell really well!" San suggested and seemed to spike Wooyoung's interest.

"Honestly, you're not the first one to say that. Many of my classmates had often tasted my food, which I brought to school. They didn't even believe me that I baked it myself. My baking skills seem to have been put in my cradle. Until my parents died, they had a well-known bakery in town. Unfortunately, the building was demolished two years ago because it was in danger of collapse." Wooyoung rememberd the time when he was little and spent his whole childhood in his parents' bakery.

"I remember. The building was empty for a long time." San spoke up and reached over the table to stroke Wooyoung's hand softly.

"Well, I don't have the money nor the experience to open a bakery." Wooyoung pouted.

"I was told that my parents had planned to pass the bakery to me when I was old enough. It was like my destiny and exactly what my parents wanted me to do. Unfortunately, it didn't come true." He continued after eating the last piece on his plate. 

"You should really reconsider. They taste fabulous! I could eat this every day!" San exclaimed avidly.

Soon San had to go to work. He didn't know yet how to explain that Wooyoung wouldn't take the job after all, but he would somehow get it sorted out.

San put on his shoes when Wooyoung approached him and looked at him nervously.

"I'm going to go. I'll call you when I get home later, we still have to plan a date!" San smiled as he runs his fingers through Wooyoung's hair.

San turned around to walk out the door as he was held back by his arm and turned back to Wooyoung who leaned forward and unexpectedly kissed San on the lips.

"Have a nice day" Wooyoung leaned in again and kissed San a second time. This time San kissed him back and both grinned brightly after parting.