The Note

The sun illuminates the spacious room in which San woke up, curled up in the blanket on Wooyoung's side of the bed. Although he fell asleep quickly and above all deeply at first, he woke up several times during the night, which ultimately made him tired in the morning.

San sat up, leaned back, and picked up his cell phone. It was now a little after nine o'clock and he tried to call Wooyoung.

He raised his phone to his ear and waited, but then immediately lowered it again.

Wooyoung rejected his call.

San wondered and tried again. Wooyoung had never rejected his call.

But he couldn't get through the second time either.

It was out of the question for him that Wooyoung was still sleeping, when he usually got up very early every day, even on weekends.

San got up, took a quick trip to the bathroom and then stood in the doorway to his living room. He still hadn't put his things away and was now tackling this.

He threw the note he had written for Wooyoung yesterday into the trash can.

He took the coat off the table and hung it on the wardrobe. Finally, he pulled his laptop bag off the table and noticed a piece of paper slipping under the table. He bent down under the table, turned the paper over and read what it said.

San got sick when he read the sentence on the piece of paper. As short as the sentence was, San stared at it for eternity. It's like his brain couldn't put the words together.

San was confused when the sentence finally made sense and he understood what was happening.

He took his phone and tried to call Wooyoung again. Without success. He was immediately forwarded to the younger's voicemail.

San ran his fingers through his hair and tried to think clearly.

He called Changbin and he actually answered.

"Good morning. Is Wooyoung with you?" San asked, clearly tense. He didn't know what was going on and hoped Changbin could tell him something.

"Not right now, but he came to us yesterday at noon. I asked him what was going on, and he didn't answer. Instead, he went to his old room and locked himself in there. He hasn't come out yet. Did something happen between the two of you?" Changbin was just as confused as San.

"Actually, I don't really know why he left. I found a piece of paper this morning. He just broke up with me without explanation." San answered while a single tear rolled down his cheek.

"I've only noticed, in the last few months, that Wooyoung wasn't as happy as usual. He seemed depressed and lost a lot of weight. I had approached him about it but he yelled at me not to get involved in his life." Changbin told San.

"He just said that you wouldn't have as much time as before for him and that it made him sad. That's what he always said when I asked him about you. He had told me not to tell you about it, though." Changbin added.

"You know. Yes I wasn't able to be with him in the past six months. But that's because I was planning something and I wanted to suprise him with it."

"Wait. I hope you weren't planning to propose to him!" Changbin asked alarmed.

San was confused. That wasn't what he had in mind.

"San no. It's way too early for you both to get married. Especially when he is behaving like that right now!" Changbin lectured him loudly.

"What? No! No. That's not what I was planning. Where are you right now? I want to show you something!" San asked totally dumbfounded after what Changbin had assumed.

"I just ended my nightshift 10 minutes ago." He answered, now curious what the older wanted to show him.

"Okay. Wait there. I will pick you up." San hung up without further explanation, put on some clothes and drove to Changbins workplace.

Once there, he saw the younger one already waiting in the parking lot.

"I hope you really show me something big and awesome. You know that I am tired after my nightshift and need some good sleep." Changbin looked at San and noticed his dark eyebags. He has never seen San this tired.

"Don't worry. It will be worth it." San answered and drove to their destination.

Their drive was short and when San drove onto the empty parking lot, he saw Changbin's confused face.

Without uttering a word, San got out of the car, and Changbin followed.

"What are we doing here? This is where Wooyoung's parents' bakery used to be. Wooyoung won't like it if someone just builds a new house on it. When the old building was torn down, he couldn't handle it. It was like a memory of his deceased parents was destroyed. At some point, he came to terms with it, but it took time. Now that someone has just built a new building on this very spot, it is as if the memory of his parents was buried definitively and he will not be able to cope with it again. If I meet the one who's going to make Wooyoung this unhappy again, I'll punch him in the face!" Changbin angrily said.

"Punch me." San simply said.

"What?" Changbin turned around to San.

"I said punch me!" San said louder.

"You did this? Why? You knew that Wooyoung was emotionally attached to this! Why would you want to make him unhappy?" Changbin raised his voice a little bit.

Without saying a word he grabbed Changbins wrist and led him to the entrance of the medium-sized, detached building and gave him the key.

When Changbin entered, he burst into tears.

------------------------------------------------------------

There are only two chapters left! 

Who also knew that San's special guest was Wooyoung yesterday? Bet I wasn't the only one 😉

They looked so happy celebrating San's birthday❤