Ch11: Deployment

As I enter the throne room, all the girls straighten but I quickly motion for them to relax. This won't be a long meeting and it certainly won't be the kind that requires them to be as stiff as poles. 

Me: No need to be so rigid girls. We're just going to be having some fun is all.

Genesis: Fun?

Me: Yes. You, the seventh and second fleets will be attacking the Sakura Empire.

The room bursts into commotion at that. All around there's excited chatter as people already begin engaging in competitions but a quick motion of my hand has them all quiet and eagerly awaiting more.

Me: You're not attacking them to achieve anything in particular so I don't expect you to sink any of them. It'll be a surprise attack but it's mainly in retaliation for their attack against us and nothing more.

Invicta: So we've already found the source then.

Me: Yes. Isabelle's planes were able to confirm that the SIRENS were indeed being controlled by two girls from the Sakura Empire. The first fleet will be coming along but we won't be participating in the battle.

Pandora: It's an evaluation...I suppose there aren't any particular risks but still, it'll be hard to win if they engage us without aiming to kill.

Me: On the contrary. You aren't to engage their forces at all. You'll hit them from a distance and suppress them at range before pulling away before they can regroup and give chase.

Invicta: Hit and run. I like it. 

Me: Another thing to note, for this particular mission, Pandora will be the commander of the combined force. Give it your all girls. I want to see what you're capable of but also how well you'd operate without being led by a command vessel.

All: Understood!

Me: As for the first fleet and I. Whilst we are coming with you, we won't be returning with you to Pacifica. Instead, we'll be heading to the Azur Lane base that Tamari and her sisters are currently at. 

Jericho: Alone? 

Me: Haha. We won't be alone. Apart from the others of the first fleet, one of your fleets will also be coming with us whilst the other returns to Pacifica.

Invicta: So, we're really going to be joining them aren't we?

Me: Why so hasty? I said nothing of allying with them but, at least for now, we have a common enemy. Whether that is enough remains to be seen but for now, I'd like to meet them myself. Besides, the rest of the first fleet is already there.

Jericho: Oh right. I forgot Tamari and her sisters left to bring that girl back to her own. I hope they're ok.

Julia: You worry too much. They are strong girls. They'll be fine. I'd be more worried for our targets. They have no idea what's in store for them.

Pandora: Let's hope so because if they are to ambush us we'll be woefully outnumbered and outgunned.

We spend the next hour ironing out the details of the plan. The attack on the Sakura Empire must be perfect. We must strike a direct blow but not severely harm any of their girls. We must make them want to take revenge but not to the extent that they'd just throw themselves at us in a fit of rage. We must test their resolve but not shatter it completely. This will be an important first deployment but it'll require a delicate touch. The slightest miscalculation could see things quickly turn one way or the next. Come what may, however, our journey begins now.