𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 8: 𝙹𝚞𝚜𝚝 𝚊𝚗 𝙸𝚕𝚕𝚞𝚜𝚒𝚘𝚗

Bonnie was sitting down, cross-legged and playing with Dedenne when she suddenly had an idea. She watched Ash train Zorua and Pikachu in the distance and walked over to them.

"Ash!" she called. Ash turned his head and asked, "Yes, Bonnie?"

"Can I borrow Zorua after his training?" Bonnie asked, smiling innocently. Ash nodded. Grinning like a Cheshire Cat, Bonnie skipped away happily.

Minutes later, Bonnie, Dedenne and an extremely excited Zorua started creeping towards the traitors' hideout. Misty stepped out of the door and Bonnie gave Zorua the A-okay. Zorua put up an illusion of Clemont and walked towards Misty.

"Hello, Misty. My, what are you doing on such a beautiful Monday? Not as beautiful as you of course," Clemont said in a saccharine voice.

"Uh, doing some training of course," Misty replied, looking at Clemont confusedly. "Isn't that what we do every day? So that we can beat Leon?"

"Oh, but on such a wonderful day? It would be such a waste. I have something waaaaay more important to tell you, my Misty," Clemont smiled and took her hand.

"Uh, okay. Hey, where're we going?" Misty asked as Clemont pulled her towards the woods.

Clemont is acting so weird, Misty thought. I thought he had to work on his new invention? He spent the whole day on it yesterday, but it still didn't look completed.

"Wait here, sweetheart. I'll be back in a minute. Promise!" Clemont said and ran off, leaving a perplexed Misty behind.

Zorua dropped the illusion once Misty was out of sight. He called for a few of his friends and took the Meowth balloon Bonnie prepared. Zorua and his four friends put up illusions of Jessie, James, Meowth, Wobbuffet and Clemont.

Misty looked around. Where is Clemont? I need to go training already-

"Prepare for trouble!"

"And make it double!"

"To protect the world from devastation!"

"To unite all peoples within our nation!"

"To denounce the evils of truth and love!"

"To extend our reach to the stars above!"

"Jessie!"

"And James!"

"Team Rocket blasts off at the speed of light!"

"Surrender now, or prepare to fight!"

"Meowth that's right!"

"Wobbuffet!"

"WHAT'RE YOU GUYS DOING HERE? I THOUGHT BROCK ROCKET-PROOFED THE PLACE!" Misty yelled angrily.

"Here to steal your Pokémon of course," Jessie smirked. Mechanical arms shot from the balloon and grabbed all Misty's Poké Balls.

"Starmie! Seadra!" Misty shouted and tried to get them back, but the clippers were stronger.

BAM!

"Huh?" Misty glanced around as a yellow bolt struck Team Rocket's balloon.

"Dedenne, use Thundershock!"

"DEDENNE!"

There was a loud explosion as Team Rocket blasted off.

"Ahh! We failed!" Jessie said sadly.

"I don't believe it!" James added.

"Clemont just had to come to her rescue!" Meowth complained.

"We're blasting off again!"

Clemont came out of the bushes with Dedenne. Misty caught her Poké Balls and sighed in relief.

"Are you alright?" Clemont asked, seemingly concerned.

"Yes, thank you," Misty said and looked up at him. "So what was it that you needed to tell me?"

Clemont just grinned. "Is it not clear enough, my sunshine?"

"..." Misty just gaped at him and wondered what had gotten into his head.

The next day...

"Clemont!" Misty called out to him as he was getting ready to train.

"Yes, Misty?" Clemont asked and took a glass of water.

"I called for a psychologist. I'm sure he'll be able to fix your brain!" Misty announced proudly.

PWOO!

Clemont spat the water at her face. "WHAT?!"

"Hey, you were acting weird yesterday," Misty said defensively.

"No! I swear, I didn't mean to rip up all your precious photos and throw them into the fireplace. I'm really sorry!" Clemont apologised.

Misty glared at him. "YOU DID WHAT?"