The Dinner

I look over to the clock that reads 5 o'clock. Ugh, I should probably start getting ready now.

It's currently Friday. Yeah, that Friday.

I still need to get ready, and I have no idea what I'm going to wear. So I go to my fashion consultant.

"Eva! I have no idea what to wear!" I whine as I flop onto her bed.

Ev looks up from doing her makeup. "Finally! My time has come," she says dramatically, getting up from her vanity. 

I peer in front of her as she opens her closet doors. "What're you doing?" she puts her finger up in the air as if to shut me up. 

Ev puts out a delicate hand and picks a dress from her collection of clothes. Gently taking the dress out of her closet she hands it to me. 

In my arms is a beautiful, short maroon off-shoulder dress, with a gold zipper at the back. I hand the dress back to Ev. "There's no way I can pull this off," 

Eva rolls her eyes. "Yes, you can! Show off your legs boo. Now you go and change. I'll do your makeup, then you can do my hair. Go, go, " she shoos me away as she hands me back the dress. 

Reluctantly, I make my way into my room to shower, then change.

I really hope this dinner is worth it.

-

I take the last strand of Eva's hair and press it into the hot straightener, of course not failing to burn my hand. 

"Done," I step back satisfied with my handy work. Ev was in the mood for straight her today, as opposed to her usual waves. 

My hair on the other hand, which usually has no volume and is straight as dry spaghetti, is cascading in soft curls down my back.

Hair, the one thing that I actually know how to do. 

Eva did our makeup and as always made my ghost face look alive. My eyes are lightly dusted with eyeshadow, making the green in my eyeballs look less dull. My lips are now a soft pink, slightly shiny. 

I feel pretty. Yay.

I open my phone to see a text message from Stefan on my screen. "I'm leaving now. I'll be there in 10."

That was sent 15 minutes ago, so he'll be here any minute. There's a rasp on the door. Right on time, as always.

I smooth out my hair and dress and make my way to the front door. 

I open the door to reveal Stefan's handsome smiling face. He's wearing a maroon button-up with black slacks.

Wow.

"Hi there. You look beautiful," he smiles, walks in and kisses me on the cheek. 

I blush. "Uh, so Ev is basically ready, she'll be here in a minute. Eva! Stefan's here!" I shout into Eva's room. 

"Yeah, yeah, I'm just looking for my shoes!" Eva yells back. 

I know for a fact Ev's stalling because she took out her "special shoes" an hour ago. I internally sigh, knowing what she's trying to pull.

"Hey, Han. I got you something," I turn around to see Stefan pulling a small box out of his back pocket. 

"Woah, Woah Stefan we've only been on one date. Way too early to propose," I say jokingly, trying to diffuse the tension. 

"Ha, ha. Don't worry, I'm not proposing just yet," he winks at me, opening the box in his hand. 

Just yet? What is this boy playing at? Trying to make me look like a tomato all the time. I awkwardly play with my ring, not knowing what to say.