Young and Naive

"I can't believe I let you drag me into this," I roll my eyes as my best friend Joanna seizes my hand and drags me toward a house full of drunk teenagers.

"Oh, c'mon Anna it'll be fun! God knows you need to have a little. It's our senior year! We haven't done anything exciting," we enter a two-story house blasting with overplayed pop music and the strong scent of alcohol.

"Well. I hate to break it to you Jo, but senior year isn't like what they show in movies," I say a smile tugging at my lips.

Jo smacks my shoulder. "Hush, High School Musical was already a disappointment," I roll my eyes and walk in sync with Jo.

"Jo! I'm glad you made it! I see you finally brought the bear out of its cave," I look up to see none other than Kenda Desomeraux alongside the person who I'm here because of, Matthew Novaq.

Matthew Novaq. Your typical high-school pretty boy. Nice, funny, and smart. Basically, an all-in-one. Of course, I fell for him. Matthew Novaq, my crush.

There's just one problem with Matthew. Currently, he's dating none other than "Ms.Perfect".

Kenda. The female version of Matthew. Perfect in every way, shape and form. Everyone adores her. You can never say anything bad about either of them.

How can I of all people compare to Kenda Desormeaux?

"Yeah, yeah very funny. Can we just hurry up? I promised to stay an hour, no more, no less," Kenda grabs my hand and pulls me into what a high-school party is supposed to be.

"W-Where'd Jo go?" Kenda just rolls her eyes. "Jo will be fine, let's go enjoy this party!"

I get pulled through a swarm of teenagers. Ew people.

"Oh my, Hannah you need to let loose! Enjoy yourself a little!" Kenda shouts over the blaring music. I flash her a sarcastic smile.

"Here," she shoves a red dixie cup at me, which smells strongly of alcohol. No way I'm drinking that, mom's going to kill me.

I shove the cup back at her. "No thanks," Kenda shrugs, downing the glass I shoved at her.

"I'm going to find Matt!" Kenda dances her way through the crowd before I could protest.

"Well Hannah you're all alone, in a house full of your drunk classmates, and the only three people you actually know, have miraculously disappeared. Fantastic," I mumble to myself while shoving through the crowd of dancing people.

I whip out my phone as a weapon of defence, so I don't have to talk to anyone. I start scrolling through Instagram, boring myself watching other people doing stuff with their life.

As I'm scrolling I come across a video. Oh no.

"Wooo! You wish you could be me!" the voice of my drunken best friend rings out of my phone. Jo, who I now know the location of, is playing beer pong with some sketch people.

"She is so lucky I'm her best friend," I mumble as I stuff my phone into my pocket.

I make myself over to what I assume is the beer pong table, to see Jo, surrounded by a bunch of weirdos, drunkenly stumbling all over the place.

I walk towards her. "ANNA! HI!!" she shouts in my face. "Everyone meet my best friend Anna! An! Hannah-banana, these are my new friends!" she giggles like a five-year-old.

A random guy is hugging Jo from the back, smiling maliciously. Disgusting.

I approach her. "Okay Romeo, I got it from here." I shove the guy backwards, causing him to stumble and put my arm around her shoulders. "Let's go. We're getting out of here,"