Introductions

*7 Years later- Toronto, ON*

"Eva! Open this door. The groceries aren't going to stay in my arms forever!" I shout at my closed apartment door.

The door opens to reveal the exasperated face of my roommate. Evaline Ophelia. "It's about time, the groceries were about to expire." I walk into my two-bedroom apartment of 2 years and set the groceries on the island in the kitchen.

I turn to see a man clutching his jacket and trying to get out the front door. I raise my eyebrows at Eva with a smirk on my face, she simply shrugs.

I pour some water into our kettle and put it up for a boil. "So, who was the victim last night?" I look at Eva who's making her way to the medicine cabinet. "Nope, nope, nope. Shut up. Don't talk to me for the next three hundred years. I'm having the mother of all hangovers." Ev says while rummaging through the medicine cabinet for painkillers. I toss her a box of Advil I got from my shopping trip.

"You're so lucky I'm your best friend," I hum while Eva eagerly opens the Advil. The kettle lets out a whistle which leads Kate to shout out and even louder shout in annoyance.

I make my coffee, sit on the couch and watch reruns of old cartoons on TV. I look at the screen and admire Zuko from Avatar: The Last Airbender. "Damn, they make cartoon characters look really hot," I murmur while sipping my coffee.

Ev sits beside me in a huff, while massaging her head with her hands.

There's something you should know about Evaline Ophelia. Evaline ran away from her toxic household at the age of 17. Her family is very rich like, can buy multiple yachts kind of rich. Her dad passed away when she was an infant so, she doesn't have any memories of him. Mrs. Esther Ophelia is a shit person. Esther was never at home but still held extremely high expectations. Ev still has one sister but she's not of much help. Amber Ophelia. A drunk, abusive older sister.

As of today, Ev loves to party and sleep around. She claims it's a "stress reliever". I for one have never judged her. Ev and I met about a year and a half ago, at 'The University of Toronto' when she crashed into me and started swearing profusely. We hit it off instantly. 

Now, we live together. Every morning I get to wake up to a new face trying to slickly leave the apartment. Last night it was some random guy from the bar, the night before it was Rose from work and so on.

I come out of my trance with the voice of Toph from the Ember Islander's play. "AHHHHHHHH!!" "Mood." Eva snickers.

I glance at the clock and it says 10:50 am. Shit. I'm late for the library.

Every morning at 11 sharp I have to be at the library for an internship. I get lessons on how to be a good writer. I mean, I would if the guy would show up. I've been going to the library for over a month, and this guy has yet to appear. I go anyways, in hopes that he might come.

I grab my backpack, keyring and rush out the door.

*TIMESKIP TO LIBRARY*

I get to the library and park my forest green vintage bike on the bike stand outside.

I walk in. "Hey, Boris! How are you doing?" I look at the seventy-year-old balding man standing behind the counter. Boris and I have struck a friendship throughout my failed attempts at meeting my mentor.

"Hey, Han, how's my favourite reader doing today?" Boris says with his bright blue eyes twinkling.

"I'm okay, how are you and Edna doing?" Edna and Boris have been married for a little over 50 years. They're so adorable. I don't know what it is about the elderly, they're just so pure.