Oh Shit, Here We Go Again

*AT THE CLUB*

We enter the dimly lit club, flashing with multicoloured lights. Everywhere we went reeked of tequila and other alcohol.

"Hey! I'm going to get some drinks!"I can barely hear her over the pounding music. "Okay!" I attempt to shout back.

I sit on an empty couch waiting for Kate's return.

I look around disgusted by the sight of people sucking each other's faces off. Left and right are people who are putting vacuums to shame.

"Jeez, you'd think they restrain themselves a little bit," I mumble as I take out my phone, desperate to try and get a different view.

"Hey there," I look up to see a weird-looking balding man. His shirt was stained with something that I'm assuming is vomit. The remaining teeth in his mouth are black, yellow and wonky. His eyes are bloodshot.

Ew. I wanted a better view. Didn't think the view could get worse. The creepy bald guy deserves a prize.

"Probably high," I think to myself

He came closer, "So babe, you're here all alone? A hot girl like you should be accompanied by a big strong man like me," his breath stinks of alcohol. He flexes his non-existent guns and flashes me a smile that gives me goosebumps.

He begins to creep his hand toward my arm. I vomit internally. Oh hell no, this is one of my favourite tops, no way I'm letting baldy over here touch it.

"Yeah, thanks man I'm not interested." I shove him to the side and attempt to leave, but he grabs my arm. "Wow, maybe there is a little muscle," I mumble under my breath, trying to free myself from his grasp.

Just before I knee him where the sun doesn't shine, a familiar voice stops me. "Hey buddy, she said she's not interested so scram," I turn to see the angered, yet nonchalant face of Matthew. Matthew Novaq.

Of course, it's him. Of all the people in the world, heck all the people in this club, it had to be him.

Fantastic.

I look at Matthew, surprised. What the hell is he doing here? There have to be like a billion clubs in all of Toronto, and he just so happens to choose the one that I go to?

Matthew grabs baldy's hand and yanks it straight off my arm. The guy simply smirks and attempts to look intimidating.

"Typical. My life's turning into a romantic cliché. I get saved by a big strong man from the bad guy. What next? They're going to fight over me?" I say what in what I assumed was a whisper, but Matthew's smirk tells me otherwise.

Matthew gives vomit-dude his signature Novaq glare. Dang, I haven't seen that face in a long time. Baldy just rolls his eyes and saunters off.

"Still got it, huh?" I question. I begin to walk away, for two reasons. One, this situation was way too awkward. Two, I have no idea where Eva ran off to because knowing her she probably found some new friends.

"Hey, hey Han. Stop for a sec," Matthew jogs after me. I roll my eyes in annoyance. "What?" I answer him sharply. Matthew curves his mouth up slightly. "I just saved you from creepy over there. Don't I get a thank you?" I look at him and huff. "Okay, first of all, I didn't need your saving Superman, I was doing perfectly fine by myself you very much. But if it means that much to you, I'll thank you for your peace of mind. So, thank you. Happy?" I turn on my heel and walk away.

"Hannah why are you so mad at me? I figured that you'd be happy to see me after like what, 5 years?" Matthew puts his hand on my shoulder, I simply swat it off.