My Life Hates Me

Today's the day.

  Stefan is going to be here in precisely an hour and eight minutes.

 I glance at the clock for the billionth time today.  Apprehensively, I sit down on the sofa. I start to tap my feet on the floor.

I look at my apartment which I cleaned for the fourth time today. Is it fine? Should I mop again? No Hannah. You've already mopped twice. It's fine, it's clean.

Ugh, why did I agree to this? I hate dinners. They're so forced. Why am I worrying it's only Stefan. I should probably just get ready. 

I get up from the sofa and walk towards my room. I approach the green dress hanging in front of me and slip it off the hanger.

I slowly walk into the bathroom and look at myself in the mirror. My dark circles are standing out, my hair's a mess and I look sickly pale. Great, Stefan's got a date with a ghost.

I jump into the shower in hopes to look a little bit more presentable. 

Ah, showers. The one place where I can think in peace. 

I wonder what kind of cake Stefan's going to bring? I mean, I like all kinds of cake. It's a cake, who doesn't love it! Right now though, hmmm I want vanilla cake.  I snap myself out of my sweet trance. Hannah, stop it, you're going to make yourself hungry. 

I finish up showering and walk out of the bathroom wrapped only in a towel. I check the time. Crap, I only have 30 minutes to get ready. That's what I get for thinking about cake.

I rush over to my dresser and look down at the makeup products sitting in front of me. Makeup. Something I never really learned and now I seriously regret it.  This is definitely something in Ev's department. Ugh. 

What does one do in a crisis? YouTube! Don't judge, we're in the 21st century.

I open up YouTube on my laptop and attempt to follow a "Simple Makeup Tutorial for Beginners". Yeah right. 

I open up all the products in front of me. Here we go.

After a long hard attempt, and lots of tears (from the mascara) I look at myself. My dark circles are basically gone, I don't look like a ghost anymore (not more than usual anyway)  and my eyes are pleasantly accented with the light eyeshadow and eyeliner I used. 

Gosh dang it, I have 10 minutes. I quickly realize that I'm still in my towel. Shit. I run to where I put my dress and aggressively put it on

I attempt to pull the dress over my head but fail to remember that there is actually a zipper. Ugh. Dresses are so complicated I swear.

 Alright, that part's done.

I look down at my panda slippers. I don't want to change them. They're so comfy! I groan and make my way to my closet. 

I am so sorry pandas! I love you but I have to wear "acceptable shoes", otherwise Eva's going to murder me. I grab a pair of nude flats and slip them on.

Alright, I'm done. 

Wow, I'm winded.  This is why I don't do dates. I'm probably more winded now than I have been in the last four months or something.

I quickly snap a picture of myself and send it to Eva.

Me:

Do I look alright, up to your standards?                                                              

                                                                                                                                                        Main Hoe: