chapter twenty

ANGELIC CHAPTER TWENTY

"Hey Sasha, if you even try to steal the food then we'll have Captain Levi chop you into bite size pieces, got it?" Jean threatened as he looked over his shoulder at the girl, his arms carrying boxes of supplies. Isabel snickered quietly as she opened the door for them, her arms holding onto boxes of her own, but not as many as Jean had insisted he'd take some of hers as 'I'm a strong guy, Iz, let me take some of them for you', however she knew it was just a way for him to show off that he could carry so many boxes.

Sasha looked up at Isabel, eyes wide and fearful as she popped her head over the box in her arms. "Would he really do that, Isabel? Would he?!" The silver-haired soldier looked from Sasha to Jean, the latter giving her a wink as if to ask her to go along with it.

"Oh, yes." She spoke, barely containing her smirk as she made eye contact with Sasha once again. If there was anything she loved to do, it'd be winding Sasha up. "I've seen it happen." She continued her story as herself, Jean, Sasha and Armin entered the room, the latter shaking his head in amusement.

"You have?!" She exclaimed loudly.

Isabel nodded her head, stifling her laughter as she wiped her feet on the material at the front door, she knew better than anyone not to drag mud into the cabin. "Hey! Did you guys wipe the mud off your shoes before you came in?!" Eren yelled loudly as he glared at Jean, the broom in his hand being held with a tight grip.

"Huh? Are you kidding me?" Jean questioned. "Do you not see all this stuff we're carrying?"

Isabel placed her hand on Jean's shoulder as she peered around to look at him, her lips tugged into a smirk as she nodded her head along as she spoke. "Come on Jean, have some proper edicate. Were you raised in a barn or something? Sure acting like you were." She teased.

Sasha laughed loudly from the table she now stood in front of, she didn't even turn her head over her shoulder as she placed her boxes down. "Ha! It's because you look like a horse!"

"Oh, so you think I look like a horse?" Jean scowled down at Isabel as she laughed mockingly, her hands planted on her knees as she was doubled over, face bright red from laughing. "I don't see why you're laughing considering you look like a rabbit with that small nose and chubby cheeks of yours."

Armin raised his eyebrow at Jean. "Rabbits are cute though, Jean, so your argument is invalid."

"Cute, huh." Isabel mumbled as she stood back up straight, looking up at Jean, she pressed her index finger to his chest, holding her boxes in her left hand. "Didn't know you thought I was cute, Jeanboy."

His cheeks burst bright red. "I - I do not! Those words never came from my mouth, maybe - maybe Armin thinks you're cute! And don't call me that!"

"Yeah yeah, horse face." She laughed quietly, moving over to the table where Sasha stood, shoving bread into her bag not so secretly. Eren let out a loud mocking laugh as he continued to sweet, completely forgetting the issue of the quartet bringing dirt into the cabin.

Jean grumbled under his breath as he followed behind her, avoiding eye contact with everyone and everything. After waiting for Isabel to move out of the way, he carefully placed the supply boxes onto the table, blocking out the quiet bickering going on between Sasha and Armin over stealing bread.

"Cheer up, I was only kidding." Isabel smiled up at him, giving his side a nudge as she cracked her neck.

He furrowed his eyebrows. "You don't seriously think I look like a horse, do you?"

She thought for a moment before answering him, her cheeks dared to bloom pink as the words exited her lips. "You're the most handsome horse in all the land."