chapter five

ANGELIC – CHAPTER FIVE

Isabel paced back and forth on the rooftops where the surviving cadets had gathered. Her hands fumbled together as the images of the titans falling by her hands clouded her vision, she had only managed to take down two but she was intoxicated on power.

Jade eyes stared down at her blood covered hands, the titan blood had evaporated by the blood that came from her head still stained her hands. The blood had stopped a while ago, but the stain on her skin was a reminder. I'll fulfil your wish, Eren, she thought as she turned her head up to the sky, I'll kill them all.

She lowered her head as she looked upon the dull faces of her comrades, each and everyone of them had given up. "I never even got to tell her just how I feel." She heard Jean mumble, Isabel rolled her eyes and stomped over to where he sat.

Her hand shot out and grabbed his shirt collar, pulling him to his feet. His eyes were wide as he looked at her face, he didn't get a good look at her before as she stood at the other end of the rooftop, he didn't even notice how terrible she looked. His eyes looked at the dried blood that had run down her face, the tear stains still slightly visible on her cheeks from where she had been crying hours before.

"Pull yourself together, Kirstein." She huffed, the corners of her lips twisted downwards. "Our comrades have died for us to live and you're going to sit here and pity yourself because you never got to tell Mikasa how you feel?"

"You know damn well she wouldn't have returned the feelings, so snap out of it!" She let go of his shirt and watched as he dropped back into the position he was previously sat in, she placed her hand on her hip lazily and glared down at him.

Jean froze as he stared up at her, his eyes were wide in shock at her words. Had it been under different circumstances he most definitely would have had a row with her, but he couldn't deny that she was absolutely right. She's different, he thought, what's happened to her in the past few hours?

He shook his head at his stupidity, he knew what had happened. The titans attacked, she got quite a nasty injury and she had to face the fact she could die in a matter of seconds. Isabel raised her hands and yanked the piece of torn shirt from her head and discarded it onto the rooftop before she headed towards Annie.

"Ignore her." Connie grumbled as he watched her walk away. "She's in shock, she'll be back to normal once she's actually processed what's happened."

Jean nodded his head slowly and put his head in his hands, one thought running through his mind as he let her words sink in. He didn't want her to go back to how she was, for once, she was talking some sense.

"Mikasa! Weren't you with the rear guard?"

"Isabel!" Mikasa shouted loudly as her footsteps thudded against the tiles. The silver-haired girl turned around, eyes wide in panic, what am I supposed to tell her? She thought, panic slowly setting in at the realisation she was going to have to tell Mikasa what had happened. Her calm front was slowly starting to crumble as the raven-haired girl grew closer.

Mikasa skidded to a stop as she looked at the blood that covered Isabel. "What happened?" She asked, all eyes facing the pair. "Are you alright? Is Eren alright? You were in his squad. Where is he?"

Isabel inhaled sharply, she pointed to her head. "I'm not sure what happened, one minute I was chasing after Eren, the next Annie's waking me up. Armin's over there, he - he should know." Mikasa stood still for a moment before she turned on her heel and ran towards the blond, she felt guilty for shaking off the responsibility to tell Mikasa, but she couldn't bring herself to tell her.