First & Second Phase

Y/N entered as the #102 participant. She didn't expect there to be so many people.

She most certainly didn't expect #99 to be her little brother Killua. 

It wasn't like they were close or anything, she had seen him when he was 4 or so, playing with dinosaurs. She also noticed that he enjoyed carts and dino, and tipped it to Grandpa.

Then there was this one time where Killua had walked up to Silva and Y/N talking. He had also heard Y/N calling Silva 'father'.

Nice try talking your way out of that one, dad.

"What are you doing here?" he narrowed his eyes.

"Taking the hunter exam for job convenience. How about you?"

"For fun."

"Kay. Your parent okay with that?" 

"Nah." 

Y/N felt that there was more to the story but stopped herself from talking. Since Killua was the heir (whom she had only seen twice) she decided the trust him with his life. Killua left and Y/N scanned the crowd. There were only 2 people who had actually mastered Nen (some purple looking dude and a clown) and a very small portion who had a pathetic grasp of it.

She smiled putting on a 'good girl' facade. It always seemed to make people underestimate her. 

After a while applicant #16 approached her. He was a short man with brown hair and was holding fanta.

"Nice to meet you!" he grinned wearing the worst acting Y/N has ever seen. Judging by his tone alone, he was up to something.

'Well,' she hufferd internally, 'time to show this man how real faking is done.'

"Hi!"

"My name is Tonpa! Whats yours?"

"Saori Ili!" a common used alibi.

"Alright, how bout a toast to our new friendship?" he gave her the fanta.

'Saori' almost rolled her eyes if she weren't the 'innocent' and 'sweet' girl she was.

Activating Focus, Y/N immediately smelt the laxative, though she applauded the nice mixing.

"Hey Tonpa, give me more of that yummy juice!" Y/N's little brother leaped over, "Nice juice isn't it..."

"Soari Ili. And yes," she agreed, taking a big long sip from the Fanta bottle, "it is simply delicious."

"Cheers."

They drank the poisoned orange juice. Only in the Zoldycks, she thought, and almost chuckled to herself. Tonpa was looking very, very confused.

Y/N walked away.

Soon after Satotz appeared, Y/N jogged with the rest of the group. It might of been easy for her, but it was clear that some people were struggling. She understood, when she was 4, Zeno had made her run like, 200 miles around the Zoldyck grounds. 

It had taken her an entire day. First of all, her body was sore from poison and torture anyways. Then there was the problem that she had just been starved for a week and had gone 3 days without sleep. And she was 4.

When she finally made it, she had smiled widely. 

Y/N blinked, there was much less people in the crowd how, and they were dropping faster then ever. Killua and some green haired boy seemed to be friends.

She had 'friends' of course. But Zeno only let her because he knew that she was gruesomely torture them anytime for her family. She would, but given the fact that Killua had probably just ran away from home, it was a questionable case for him.