Toms secret

Toms POV

Some time had past since I went to Rosies house and we had gotten so close. The topic of us being together never came up anymore which honestly hurt. But I decided not to push her on it. Obviously there is something stopping her from opening up to another relationship and I'm willing to give her all the time she needs. It was the last day of school before Fall break and we decided to let the kids have a movie day. We were currently on our third and final movie since the day was almost over.

"What are your plans for the week?" Rosie asked me. I turned my chair to her take my eyes off the screen and faced her.

"Nothing much really. I'll probably be at my parents house most of the time to be honest." I told her. She nodded her head and reached for the popcorn I was holding. "What about you?" I asked.

"Well I was hoping my dad would be back but he won't, Liz and I are going out for dinner on Wednesday. That's pretty much it. "

"Oh, you can come over to my parents house. I mean if you would like to- we can go out for dinner or hang out by the pool. It's warm enough still. My mom has been wanting to meet. Of course, you don't have to it you don't want to. I ju-" I hadn't even realized I was rambling on until she grabbed my hand. I looked up at her to see her smiling at me.

"Tom, I'd love to go meet your family. I've got lots of complaining to do about you." She teased and finished her response with a giggle.

-

The day was finally over and Rosie and I were walking to our cars laughing about events that happed that day.

"So I guess we'll be seeing each other?" I asked.

"Yeah, just let me know when and I'll be there." She smiled at me. It suddenly got quiet, neither of speaking. Unlike other times when we sit in silence working separately or just doing our own thing, it felt awkward causing me to laugh and she laughed with me.

"Gosh, why did it get awkward!" She said between giggles. I shrugged and leaned on my car.

"I don't know, that's never happened to us before."

"Anyways, I'll see you later?" She said as she reached for her car door. I nodded and resisted the urge I had to kiss her. But it seemed she had the same thought as I did as she leaned forward and kissed my cheek. She let her lip linger there for a while before stepping back and smiled at me.

"Have a good night, Rosie." I said

___

I had spent the weekend in my shared flat with Harrison and we were currently having dinner and talking about our plans. With Harrison being an aspiring model, our schedules were different and sometimes we didn't see each other all week. But he had cleared his schedule this week so we could hang out a bit more. It was currently dinner time and we had ordered pizza, it was a quiet night, after talking for a while we both ended up being on our phones and drinking beer. There was nothing better than the feeling of knowing it was Sunday but you didn't have to go to work tomorrow. After a few minutes of comfortable silence, Harrison spoke up.

"How's Rosie?" He asked. I glanced over at him, his eyes were still attached to his phone.  Before I even got the chance to answer he spoke up again. "Have you told her?"

I knew what he meant and my heart sunk. I hadn't thought about that in a while. Either way I decided to play dumb to avoid the conversation that was coming up. "Told her what? That I like her?" I nervously chuckled. "Yeah she knows, and even if I hadn't told her, my constant flirting would've definitely given it away." I played with my fingers and looked down at my lap.

I know Harrison means well and he's only trying to look out for me and other peoples feeling but I really don't need to keep getting reminded of my past and what my life could've looked like right now if things would've gone as planned. When I got the courage to face him, I lifted my head up. He was already looking at me and he shook his head.

"You need to tell her." He told me.

"I don't think it's necessary, it's in the past, she doesn't need to know Harrison."

"But how do you think she's going to feel when she finds out that you made a life changing decision a few months before meeting her."

"Exactly, before meeting her. It doesn't matter anymore." I found myself yelling at him. Getting angry that deep down I knew he was right and I knew I had to tell her if I wanted something serious with her.

"Okay, if that's what you think is the right thing then okay." He said going back to his phone.

"If it ever comes up, I'll tell her. I promise." I said.

I haven't talked to Rosie since Friday after saying goodbye to each other at the school. I felt my cheeks turn red as I remembered that moment she kissed my cheek. I debated to text her or not, my family was getting together for a family night on Thursday, maybe I could take her to that. My mom has been wanting to meet her.

A few hours had passed and Harrison and I were still in the living room watching a random show that was on but we were barely watching it. The previous conversation had thankfully been forgotten about and we found ourselves talking about crazy things we had done.

~
Hi,

Thank you all for reading, soon you'll know the secret Tom is trying to hide from Rosie. What  do you think it is?

Leave a comment and please vote.