sneak peaks

"Friends, I am so excited to see the object you decided to bring for our first show and tell." I sat on the floor with the kids who each held something in their hand to show the rest of the class. It was adorable to see them so excited about this project, honestly it was not my favorite when i was in school but I'm glad that they're enjoying it. "Would anyone like to go first? Or should we go in a circle?" I asked them immediately most of them yelled that they wanted to go first. I pretended to be shocked and looked around at them. "Oh my goodness, friends, I love how you all want to participate!" I appreciated their positive behavior. "We'll go in a circle them, lets start over on this side. Taytum, would you share with the class what you brought." The girl cheered and started talking.

"This is my favorite blanket." She started talking as she tried stretching out the soft, pink baby blanket. "My mommy told me that it was the first blanket I ever had and I love it so much, I sleep with it every night because its so warm and it makes me so happy." she smiled as she cuddled the blanket.

"Thats a very pretty blanket, Taytum. Thank you for sharing with us. Does anyone have any questions for her." i asked.

"Do you remember when you got it?" Charlotte asked her and Taytum shook her head.

"No, I think I was to little to remember." She responded with a giggle.

After about 45 minutes they had all gone and then it was my turn to share something with them. I undid the bracelet i had on my wrist and held it up for them to see. "That's a very beautiful necklace." One of the said and i smiled, thanking them.

"When I graduated high school, a few years ago, my mom gave me this." I told them. "Its very special to me because my mommy is no longer with me so every time I look at this bracelet, it reminds me of her and I know that she loved me very much." I did my best to not let a single tear escape my eyes because I did not want to worry them and I was successful.

"It has pink, that's your favorite color, right Miss Downey." Grayson asked.

"It is, Gray. Thank you for remembering." I laughed. Grayson and I had gotten so much closer over the month. I always told myself that I would not have favorites but of course, there's always that one kid that completely melts your heart. Now, i would never let him are any of my other students know that he was the favorite. Soon after, it was lunch time and the kids lined up, some holding their lunch boxes because they didn't eat the school food.

"Alright friends, remember we stay in a line and we don't get out of it." I reminded them as we walked our the door. Surprisingly we did not bump into Toms class. we usually met them half and we'd walk together but we made it to the lunch room and his class was already their and Tom was gone. "I'll see you guys later, have fun." I said as I left. I made my way back to the Preschool area of the campus and grabbed my lunch bag and took it to Toms room who was heading out.

"Oh Miss Downey." he looked surprised. "I emailed you, saying that I wouldn't be able to eat with you today, or the rest of this week." He said and and I frowned.

"I didn't get to read it." i said leaning on his doorway. "But why are you leaving me?" I asked him as I Pouted my lips.

"Aw, don't do that Rosalie, you know I love eating with you. But I'm going to Julies room." He explained and I looked at him confused and my stomach dropped at them mention of Julies name. It was very obvious that the first grade teacher was attracted to him.

"Okay, but why?" my voice came out with a hint of disgust even though it was not my intention for it to come out like that. A smirk grew on Toms face, the same smirk that made me get butterflies in my stomach. he walked over to me and left a small amount of space between us.